HD Radio.....Big Selection of Stations in my area

Lately been exploring the world of HD radio in local area. With Sirius never paid much attention to HD, but lately discovered we have a huge selection of HD stations with 2-3 different type broadcasts on each frequency. Since I paid for a HD radio figured I needed to learn how it works.....how to tune from HD-1 to HD-2. to HD-3 etc. We don't have anything higher than HD-3 in area. Somewhere read it can go up to 7 stations on a frequency. Pretty good selection music and talk. Really good sound quality. With HD, you either get it, or you don't....around here. Sorry if all of you know all about this....it's kinda new to me. Looking for alternative to pay radio. If I could find financial info, like CNBC or Blumburg on Sirius, HD W/B all I need.

Edited by RJG

Some of my HD sub channels 1.) play "deeper" tracks of an artist & their album then what the main station plays- the top hit track only 2.) plays archived live concert recordings ( no commercials), 3.) simulcasts their AM sister station in better audio quality 4.) Will do a 80's or 70's channel, 5. ) Will do the Christmas music.......

What do you mean by 70% or 80%? Have noticed that on one of our local stations volume on HD-2 is maybe (all the time) 70-80% of HD-1 for some reason. Wonder why that is? Have also seen a AM channel on FM HD-2 or HD-3 which I thought odd. Also interesting. Thanks for your response.

Edited by RJG

not sure what you are asking about "%" I mention the HD2 or HD3 would offer 70's music or 1980's music where the main channel was still their own format.

Since MFT/MLT only offers HD as an on or off for BOTH am/FM not individually.... I have found the AM HD not as strong & can constantly go in/out/in/out & very annoying.... If I shut off HD for AM it by default shuts off for FM. I raised issue- Ford could car less....

For that AM channel I will change to the FM simulcast on the HD channel. It is on a 30sec delay- so a little annoying -but better than the constant "shower" sound when it phases in/out...t