Do you have a rattle in the doors - Try This

DBEDGE23

Just thought I would post my fix to the crowd here.

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and have had a rattle that sounded like was in the doors on both sides of the car.

Louder on the driver side than the passenger side. And I could only hear it when driving on the highway.

Try this fix. Get under the car and see if the two plastic covers are rattling. These covers are right under both seat locations under the car.

I took out the tabs and put some dynamat on a couple locations that were hitting the metal of the undercarriage. Rattling problem solved.

I think the wind from the highway driving was moving them and causing them to rattle.

I hope this helps and again I do have the 2013 Sport so not sure if these covers come on all Edges.

Thanks,

DBEDGE23

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would post my fix to the crowd here.

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and have had a rattle that sounded like was in the doors on both sides of the car.

Louder on the driver side than the passenger side. And I could only hear it when driving on the highway.

Try this fix. Get under the car and see if the two plastic covers are rattling. These covers are right under both seat locations under the car.

I took out the tabs and put some dynamat on a couple locations that were hitting the metal of the undercarriage. Rattling problem solved.

I think the wind from the highway driving was moving them and causing them to rattle.

I hope this helps and again I do have the 2013 Sport so not sure if these covers come on all Edges.

Thanks,

DBEDGE23

I will try to look into it. thax for feedback

Been driving the car now for about 2 weeks since I fixed those covers underneath the car. Let me tell you the car was never more quiet!!!

It sure did fix a lot of rattles. Just sounds so much more solid, even when I go over bumps. Hope this post helps.

Thanks,

DBEDGE23

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...