Pandora skips to next song every 10 seconds.

This has been a fairly frustrating trouble shooting phase so I’ll try to be as complete as possible.

Symptoms:

When listening to Pandora via BT connection from my Motorola/Verizon Razr Maxx v4.1.2.

randomly Pandora will skip to the next song at ~10 second intervals until limit is reached or phone is rebooted.

Observations/tests:

1. When MFS BT reads "unknown" on main screen, there will be no problem. (until once yesterday)

2. When MFS BT displays a file name of a notification from my droid … Pandora will skip.

3. If I reboot the phone, once connected again via BT, it will work w/o skipping. (until once yesterday)

4. Using a different phone, it works correctly w/o skipping. Wasn't able to test for many days/month tho.

5. Power cycling car has no effect. Once connected back up via BT, if it was skipping before, will still skip.

6. After a non-functioning BT connection episode, resetting (fuse pull) MFS seemed to have been the start of this.

7. Resetting (fuse pull) MFS since has not changed the random frequency of occurrence.

8. Razr had Zelge installed to download notification sounds .. I've stopped, cleared cache, and eventually removed. No change.

9. Changed around notifications on cell – didn’t happen for a few days .. then started up again.

10. Establish BT connection to Razr – then start Pandora … no change, can still happen.

11. Have Pandora running then connect to MFT via BT .. no change, can still happen.

12. Pandora plays normally on Razr when not connected to MFS 100% of the time.

13. No other anomalies on either Razr or MFT (beyond the normal, abnormalities that is)

14. This function has been working since I purchased my Edge a year ago.

15. Razr and MFT are both up to date with respective software/firmwares.

I've talked to other owners of various cell phones with various BT connected radios in their cars and most have experienced this phenomenon either once or frequently.

Has anyone here experienced this and has anyone found the “blue pill” solution ?

It'd been a few weeks since I'd been up here and had missed the 3.6 update to FMT. I did this yesterday afternoon and will report back my test results under this new FMT software but I'm not holding my breath since it showed up in the middle of updates of either software. (i.e. no updates had been done just before it started)

Edited by Tacyon

except for 12 & 14. and 4 & 15 to your two questions.

However .. since I learned yesterday that MFT had a new software update .. we'll see how this week goes.

Using it without BT doesn't prove anything about it messing up with BT - could be a problem with the BT driver in the phone that's interacting with Pandora. And the other bullets don't address specifically using YOUR phone and Pandora with another BT device. When you're troubleshooting you try to keep everything the same and only change one thing at a time. If the problem is in the phone/BT then using it with another BT device should produce the same problem. OTOH if it's MFT then it should work fine with another BT device.

The fact that it works fine with a different phone is a strong indication the problem is in your phone somewhere especially if the phones are the same. These types of problems are always hard to troubleshoot.

ok - update ... the recent MFT update to 3.5 - I'm seeing a notification file name in the BT connection, entertainment quadrant of the main screen, and typically in every occurrence but one, this meant skipping was going to happen. Now I'm running on 4 days, 2 connections per day (ride in and ride home) and NO skipping. MFT update was all that was done.

Now after a few weeks ... I'll try to break it again by shuffling the notifications around in my phone to see if the delicate balance is once again upset. If I can break it .. then I'll rebuild the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

update: funny thing happened to me on the way home this evening. Pandora has not been doing its 10 second and then skip to the next since the update. Did have to re-pair my phone after the update because the pairing was simply gone. Since then I've had a non-changing notification file name as the song title and "unknown" on the smaller 2nd line. Before, it was always Unknown on both lines.

two days ago I got a text on my cell that didn't get announced on Ford Sync .. several in fact. All other behaviour was "normal" (sync normal that is) and I ended up deleting the pairing from both sync and my cell and repairing . fixed. Now getting texts announced as expected.

Tonight, I decide to listen to some Pandora .. connect to the BT audio and once connected and listening ... drive on. I happened to look at the large center display and where I had seen my singular notification file name and unknown, I'm seeing something else ... on both lines. Its the track and artist being displayed. Something that I've always expected it to do but it has NEVER done since day one. I quickly advanced it a few songs and sure enough ... I have song titles and artists being fed to my MFT via BT connection from my RazrMaxx !!! WOOT :yahoo::rockon: :happy feet:

Now .. if it will stay this way.

On another front ... a co-worker updated his flex over the weekend and gave the update a 5 star rating. It fixed ALL of his issues. (he drinks the apple juice if you catch my drift)

• 5 months later...

I know this post is over 6 months old, but is Pandora still showing the artist and song title on your screen when connected via BT? I just started using Pandora and BT in my 2013 Edge with Sync and MFT. I only get the UNKNOWN on the car screen, never any artist or song title.

I am getting text notifications. Perhaps I'll try to repair the phone (Samsung S4) and see if Pandora info appears.

I know this post is over 6 months old, but is Pandora still showing the artist and song title on your screen when connected via BT? I just started using Pandora and BT in my 2013 Edge with Sync and MFT. I only get the UNKNOWN on the car screen, never any artist or song title.

I am getting text notifications. Perhaps I'll try to repair the phone (Samsung S4) and see if Pandora info appears.

Hi Is973800,

The Pandora metadata streaming currently varies by device. I have an S4 with Sprint and I'm able to view the song/artist title while playing music physically stored on my phone. I'll post an update if anything turns up on our end, but at this time the S4 doesn't seem to stream Pandora song titles.

Antonio