Gigson vs. Magnaflow Exhaust

sixponies

Just like the subject says: I'm looking for opinions/feedback on both the Gibson 619630 and Magnaflow 16871 exhaust kits. It seems to be hard to find any feedback or sound on the Gibson kit. It appears to be several hundred dollars cheaper than the Magnaflow kit, which makes it very enticing.

Thoughts?

Edited by sixponies

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sixponies, per the member posts on here, Gibson exhausts are fairly aggressive sounding, in a good way. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/3185-edge-aftermarket-exhaust-clips-links-inside/?do=findComment&comment=24409

True duals will probably net you the best sound, however. V6s do get a bit highpitched up top.

Msl, you should hear a difference, but how much is anyone's guess. Will it be agreeable? That is the question. I would change it out as part of a catback system change, for tunability. If you do make the switch, be sure to post your results :)

Thanks znow... ill definetely post a clip as soon as i decide on which one i should get... i like flowmaster... been using it on my g25 coupe and f150. Looking at the exhaust of my 13 edge. It looks the same as a.g35 coupe. Im looking for a mild base growly sound on the edge. So im thinking to put a flowmaster 50. Thanks for the feedback again.

Hi! Both systems are stainless steel. I'm partial to Gibson, having installed them on six of my previous cars. However, unless your Edge is FWD only, the Gibson system will not fit an AWD without extensive mods. Also Gibsons are louder than Magnaflow because of the chambered design with no packing. I just installed the Magnaflow 16871 system on my 2010. However, I removed it and reinstalled the stock system after leaving it on the car for one week. Why? Because my wife who has always enjoyed the sound of our exhaust systems didn't like this one. Too hotroddy?? she said. Also, I didn't like the big 4" trashcan tips. I'm going to put it on Ebay since it's still like new, and maybe swap the front stock resonator for a Magnaflow muffler, but leave the rear stock mufflers in place. .

Hi! Both systems are stainless steel. I'm partial to Gibson, having installed them on six of my previous cars. However, unless your Edge is FWD only, the Gibson system will not fit an AWD without extensive mods. Also Gibsons are louder than Magnaflow because of the chambered design with no packing. I just installed the Magnaflow 16871 system on my 2010. However, I removed it and reinstalled the stock system after leaving it on the car for one week. Why? Because my wife who has always enjoyed the sound of our exhaust systems didn't like this one. Too hotroddy?? she said. Also, I didn't like the big 4" trashcan tips. I'm going to put it on Ebay since it's still like new, and maybe swap the front stock resonator for a Magnaflow muffler, but leave the rear stock mufflers in place. .

Thanks for the feedback. I was aware that both systems were stainless steel. My Edge is indeed FWD, so the Gibson system should fit just fine. However, I wasn't aware of the chambered vs. packing design difference between the two brands. I've had Flowmaster mufflers on several vehicles, so I'm familiar with the chambered muffler sound. In fact, I really like that sound. So knowing that, and the fact that the Gibson system generally runs about $300 cheaper than the Magnaflow system; I think I'm going to install a Gibson system as soon as the funds become available.

• Like 1