Fender Flares

I know a lot of you are looking for fender flares. The flares they show on the hybrid look nice. The reason for this post is to see if we can do anything to speed things up. I have emailed bushwacker, street scene, Trim-Gard, etc., to see how soon something might be available. I have explained that a lot of edge owners would be interested. The more people who start contacting these people (bushwacker, street scene, Trim-Gard, etc) and show that they want these items, the more likely they will take notice. Both Bushwacker and Trim-Gard emailed me back. Bushwacker said they had nothing in the works, but would look into it. I emailed Trim-Gard this. "I am writing to see if you plan on making and body side moldings or fender flares for the ford EDGE. I know a lot of new Ford EDGE owners who are wanting these items. I Have enclosed a picture of a ford Edge Hybrid that has fiberglass type flare. These are not available to the public, and the picture is only to give you an idea of what a lot of edge owners would like to be able to purchase. Thanks, Don". They wrote back saying that the information would be given to the appropriate representative. They also ask for more contact information. I hope anyone who would like to see one of these companys make fender flares for the EDGE, take the time and email them. It may not help, but then again maybe it will.

http://www.evworld.com/images/Edge_HySeries_wind.jpg

Ok. I'm going to bite. I was going to ask my husband, but he is off playing with Sr. on some trip out West. So I'll ask Y'all. So am I to think that is an '08 "Limited" that the flares are on? Now that may look real nice on a Black Edge. But on the White one It would take a "considerable bit" of getting use to - - considerable! In mud country and them back county roads, it would keep from throwing the gunk all up on the side of the car. Snow country? On a Black car. Ok. So I'm looking at this picture and I got Questions: #1 What is the orange thing on the side of the door? #2 The gas filler door looks inset is that how they are now? #3 What is that wrinkle area just ahead of and below the mirror? Thanks for helping. Annie

http://www.evworld.com/images/Edge_HySeries_wind.jpg

Ok. I'm going to bite. I was going to ask my husband, but he is off playing with Sr. on some trip out West. So I'll ask Y'all. So am I to think that is an '08 "Limited" that the flares are on? Now that may look real nice on a Black Edge. But on the White one It would take a "considerable bit" of getting use to - - considerable! In mud country and them back county roads, it would keep from throwing the gunk all up on the side of the car. Snow country? On a Black car. Ok. So I'm looking at this picture and I got Questions: #1 What is the orange thing on the side of the door? #2 The gas filler door looks inset is that how they are now? #3 What is that wrinkle area just ahead of and below the mirror? Thanks for helping. Annie

You will notice that the picture is taken a wind farm.

The orange streak is a result from the friction against the car that the high wind is causing.

As for the other two "indentations"...well, the integrity of the body structure is being compromised.

It's a prototype of an Edge Hybrid. called a HySeries..

on the door, those are graphics... the Gas filler location. that just might be one of Ford NO fuel door fills. you just stick the gas nozzle into it and squeeze. I see it and think, funnel and bag of sugar.

Other than the flares. It looks nice in white. A can of Black Spray paint, can get you the same look. $5.00 at Pepboys.

I stand corrected. That HYseries, is a plugin HYDROGEN / Battery Hybrid.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-unveils-e...ve-concept.html

Couple of thing's I've noticed. #1 is the rear mufflerspost-1037-1192218564_thumb.jpgLOVE those wheels!

Also in that picture you'll see that Those are not add-on wheel flares but just paint. Compare the wheel opening's to your own. Here is an example of the body cladding on an all black Edge/MKX, notice how the plastic has a dull gray look when mated to a black paint?post-1037-1192218899_thumb.jpg When you run out of Fuel, you'll be glad to know you can siphon from the front one into the rear one now.post-1037-1192219158_thumb.jpgHose is included in the Emergency Roadside Assistance Package.

:reading: I appreciate the education. Thank You. So I'm looking at a "Love/Hate" relationship. Love the wheels and Hate what they did with the paint. I know, before you start on me, It Is a Hydrogen/Electric Hybrid promotional vehicle with extra little cutsie stuff that would not be on a production vehicle. Upon closer observation, You are correct those are not fender flares But a paint scheme straight from a numb skull. The flat black tail gate? OUCH The designer needs another job. I do think the exhaust treatment is straight from the "Saleens" I have seen at my local dealer. As a small side note:That dealer has a $62,000 Saleen pick-up truck. Oh Yeah! That he better learn to love, because I'm a thinking he ain't never going to unload that dog, especially down here in the poorest state in the nation. You got to ask: What was he thinking? Your comment about the fuel transfer reminded me of a picture from my husbands collection of stupid stuff. Thanks again. Annie

theforgotten.jpg

Edited by RaggedyEdge

I stand corrected. That HYseries, is a plugin HYDROGEN / Battery Hybrid.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-unveils-e...ve-concept.html

Couple of thing's I've noticed. #1 is the rear mufflerspost-1037-1192218564_thumb.jpgLOVE those wheels!

Also in that picture you'll see that Those are not add-on wheel flares but just paint. Compare the wheel opening's to your own. Here is an example of the body cladding on an all black Edge/MKX, notice how the plastic has a dull gray look when mated to a black paint?post-1037-1192218899_thumb.jpg When you run out of Fuel, you'll be glad to know you can siphon from the front one into the rear one now.post-1037-1192219158_thumb.jpgHose is included in the Emergency Roadside Assistance Package.

Sorry MKX I thing your mistaken about painted on flares. Edmunds drove the car and they say they fiberglass fares., here is the link http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=119675

"The company has added big, black fiberglass fender flares to accommodate the big wheels; added Aston Martin DB9 door handles because they look slick; painted the tailgate matte black because, well, we don't know why; and then applied graphics to the outside that look like swimming jellyfish but are, in fact, supposed to look like two-prong electrical plugs."

"Ford dressed the HySeries show vehicle up with 22-inch wheels similar to those from the Range Rover Sport. Why? Because they look good."

From the looks of the photo's compared side by side with anyone's Edge, it looks just like paint. Before I posted I went and looked at mine, and could not see that the Hyseries bodylines looked different. To see a difference, I guess you have to print out the picture and hold it next to your car. The paint might be causing an optical illusion. Still studying those photo's, I doubt that it has oversize diameter tires/wheels and had to have flares added. Plugging the numbers into a program would show how high the sidewalls would have to be, to still equal a new 20" tire/wheel from the factory. I honestly think it's still just paint.

By the responce of people here, Flares, with or without cladding doesn't seem to be giving people a thrill. Sometimes, I don't put much stock into what a reviewer writes, All of the Orange HYseries in those pictures, looks like it was added after the pictures were taken with Photoshop.

I honestly think it's still just paint.

Looking at the picture @ 400%:

That could be some type of add-on to the Edge, but it's more of a wheel lip protector / aftermarket kit. I can't tell how far it sticks out from the sheet metal. ??? Most of you won't have your Edge's past 6 years/last payment, You'll drop big bucks on this and wheels and tires, Stereos and so much other stuff, why don't you just waste the money on a house or try to pay one off faster? I hope times don't get tight for you, like it's beginning to happen everywhere. Sales are starting to slide badly for Ford right now, it's really getting bad.

It's made to appeal to those who like to add things on. If you buy one, make sure it's painted in contrasting colors like that to stick out so others know you spent all that money on it.

They're clearly flares, not paint.

Sick exhaust! ...must... have...

I don't care for the flares myself. At least not as shown.

I suppose, if done right as usual, they could look really good with the right accouterments.

I could see it with nice oversize (not too big of course) wheels and tires - more like an off-road setup - and the killer uber brush guard, all done with a paint choice in the dark blue/black range. Urban Assault once again comes to mind.

Although the Edge isn't an off-road machine it has lines and an attitude with which one could do all sorts of great things. :shades:

LOL, Good_Hands.

Looks?! OMG! Who would dare to change a car for looks?!

... oh, that's right... me, you, anyone who ain't renting ;)