What did you pay for your 09/10 Sport?

trigg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a 2010 in the $19k to $21k range. Even with my being picky (got to have leather), I have at least 25 in a 100 mile radius. Most that come up for me happen to be 2010s, though there's a few other models from other years in there. Congrats on your purchase! Is that a Ford CPO?

Edited by TheyCallMeBT

ford certified. 7 yr 100k warranty every option with NAV and Roof. I think I could have done a bit better on the pricing. I kind of screwed that up a bit.

I should have started lower on my offer. car was listed for 26,100.

you're looking to spend 20k for a 2010 sport?

Edited by trigg

Where did you start your negotiation? Did you tell them your out the door price, and that you would only negotiate that way? I think that will be my way of negotiating.

No, I'm not looking for a sport. I know that I couldn't get one in that price range unless it was high up in mileage. Either an SEL or a Limited-- doesn't matter which as long as it has the features I want. That would be tan leather and power liftgate. That's a short list, but the ones with power liftgate aren't nearly as common as those without it. And my main color choices are dark ink blue or sterling grey. But black, red, and cinnamon are also ones that I'm considering. Silver and white just don't appeal to me that much.

There's a 2010 dark ink blue with 49k miles at just under $18k that I'm looking at now. Not CPO. Power liftgate, tan leather, and ambient lighting package. Hopefully it's still available at the end of the month, when I'll have my funds together. I think I'll probably start my negotiations at $16,500. Do you think that's a good place to start it? I don't expect them to go that low. But I don't think they'd take me seriously if I started as low as $16k.

Btw, I was curious if the Sport model had any noticeable increase in insurance premium vs the other trims. Do you know?

Edited by TheyCallMeBT