Gas tank wont fill all the way???

IZZYAZ

I have about 7000 miles on the Edge SEL Plus. Lately, when filling up, I have noticed that the tank isn't getting full. When I am filling and it shuts off I can usually put in another 2-5 gallons, but very slowly. Depends on the station and nozzle that I am using. It's acting like the breather is plugged, or something. I've had a similar problem on my F250 when the breather was full of rocks from driving on gravel roads, but the Edge hasn't seen any gravel yet.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I am going to have the dealer take a look, but I was hoping to wait until my next oil change.

• 2 months later...
I have about 7000 miles on the Edge SEL Plus. Lately, when filling up, I have noticed that the tank isn't getting full. When I am filling and it shuts off I can usually put in another 2-5 gallons, but very slowly. Depends on the station and nozzle that I am using. It's acting like the breather is plugged, or something. I've had a similar problem on my F250 when the breather was full of rocks from driving on gravel roads, but the Edge hasn't seen any gravel yet.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I am going to have the dealer take a look, but I was hoping to wait until my next oil change.

us to

i just fill it realslow after teh first shut off,

takes a few minutes

Yeah I have the same problem. At empty mine usually shuts off at around 15-16 gals. I can stand there and get up to 19+ in it most of the time. I run the Edge to the ragged Edge on gas. I coast into gas stations. Gives me a feeling of Survival.

I wonder how deep it really goes, when the Low Fuel Message comes on I hit reset and it usually reads 51 miles to empty. I'll push reset a few more times to see where I am at. I have actually seen it read, Buy Fuel Now You Idiot or Walk!!

• 1 month later...