Just saw a white sand 08'!!!

Ashlee

I was driving thru town tonight and I hadnt been through the dealership in a while so I drove in. They had 8 Edge's lined up, it was dark and rainy. I thought to myself 'wow, that one looks white, not cream' so I jumped out. Sitting on the lot- limited, white sand, stone int., vista, 20's..... I couldnt believe it. The 20's are beautiful and I can't wait to see the white sand in the daylight.

Just thought I would share. I was so shocked because it is a rather small dealership but I know the edge has been popular there.

I was driving thru town tonight and I hadnt been through the dealership in a while so I drove in. They had 8 Edge's lined up, it was dark and rainy. I thought to myself 'wow, that one looks white, not cream' so I jumped out. Sitting on the lot- limited, white sand, stone int., vista, 20's..... I couldnt believe it. The 20's are beautiful and I can't wait to see the white sand in the daylight.

Just thought I would share. I was so shocked because it is a rather small dealership but I know the edge has been popular there.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! That is my EDGE...

I mean, Not literally, but that is what I am ordering in a few weeks....White sand, 20's, Navi, BAMR...all the bells and whistles...

So ya love the color eh????

Oooooh...if you can, get a piccie...

Thx for sharing!!

And another thought....

This makes me wonder why Ford has not updated their site to the new 08 Prices and Specs...

What are they waiting on?

And another thought....

This makes me wonder why Ford has not updated their site to the new 08 Prices and Specs...

What are they waiting on?

The 07s to clear out. I know there isn't a big difference between the 07 and 08 but it's general practice for Ford to wait until the old models have been moved out before putting up the new ones on the website. It is frustrating if you're trying to get info though.

The 07s to clear out. I know there isn't a big difference between the 07 and 08 but it's general practice for Ford to wait until the old models have been moved out before putting up the new ones on the website. It is frustrating if you're trying to get info though.

Ahhhhh. I see now. Thanks for the information!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! That is my EDGE...

I mean, Not literally, but that is what I am ordering in a few weeks....White sand, 20's, Navi, BAMR...all the bells and whistles...

So ya love the color eh????

Oooooh...if you can, get a piccie...

Thx for sharing!!

The color was awesome. I was thinking of the dune pearl but after seeing the white it is def. worth the extra money. This one didnt have nav but it was the limited. The sticker was just over $36,000. It had the all weather mats, sirus radio, towing, and power lift gate and some others that I cant remember.

The EPA was 22 mpg on the highway...... must be because of the 20's?

Just got word that my '08 White Sand Limited AWD was produced on 10/9. It should be here in about two weeks. CAN'T WAIT!!!! I will definitely be posting pictures. :happy feet:

Ahh that is so exciting. Cant wait to see pics of yours. What color interior did you get?

Ahh that is so exciting. Cant wait to see pics of yours. What color interior did you get?

I got the camel interior, loaded with everything but nav.

The 22 mpg is because they have readjusted the EPA methods of estimating mileage. It's the same as the 24 for the '07. I think they've lowered the estimates by 12%.

I got the camel interior, loaded with everything but nav.

The 22 mpg is because they have readjusted the EPA methods of estimating mileage. It's the same as the 24 for the '07. I think they've lowered the estimates by 12%.

If they lowered it by 12%, shouldn't the '08 numbers be 21 (21.12) instead?

The again...they could be rounding....very, very ... up.

The color was awesome. I was thinking of the dune pearl but after seeing the white it is def. worth the extra money. This one didnt have nav but it was the limited. The sticker was just over $36,000. It had the all weather mats, sirus radio, towing, and power lift gate and some others that I cant remember.

The EPA was 22 mpg on the highway...... must be because of the 20's?

So, could you tell how it actually differed from a regular plain "white"?

Does it has a certain shine or shimmer or something?

Holy crap. The EPA Hwy MPG dropped to 22 mpg from 25 mpg!!! That can't be soley due the 20" wheels. Can someone please check a 2008 without the 20" wheels and see what the Hwy Mpg reads. Maybe the figure was recalculated to comply with EPA new stricter real world way of calculating MPG ?

Holy crap. The EPA Hwy MPG dropped to 22 mpg from 25 mpg!!! That can't be soley due the 20" wheels. Can someone please check a 2008 without the 20" wheels and see what the Hwy Mpg reads. Maybe the figure was recalculated to comply with EPA new stricter real world way of calculating MPG ?

Please read posts 9-11.

I think it had more depth to it just just a coat of plain white because of the layered coats. It was dark and rainy but it had a shimmer to it I thought.

Maybe it was an AWD rather than a FWD.

I think it had more depth to it just just a coat of plain white because of the layered coats. It was dark and rainy but it had a shimmer to it I thought.

Well, I certainly appreciate you telling us. I am so excited!

BTW...has your local lots been fully stocked with the 07 Edges?

Any of you?

The reason I am asking is, you know how they got a late start bringing them out to fix a few issues...so they did not actually start hitting some lots until like, Feb, or March of 07? Well my local lot has never had more than like 4, possibly 5 on the lot at the time.

I know people were buying them up pretty fast also, because I ride by like twice a week, and usually there were different ones there...

But, still, they never had a huge stock of them...

Did yours?

Course, I do live in a fairly small city...

Edited by npggirl

White Sand / White Chocolate : is a White Pearl Tri-Coat paint. I don't know why they don't call it a Pearl, as that sounds much better. It bright sunlight that color reflects like chrome. Other than the wheels & badging, this is what it will look like.

post-1037-1192133576_thumb.jpgpost-1037-1192133895_thumb.jpg

White Sand / White Chocolate : is a White Pearl Tri-Coat paint. I don't know why they don't call it a Pearl, as that sounds much better. It bright sunlight that color reflects like chrome. Other than the wheels & badging, this is what it will look like.

post-1037-1192133576_thumb.jpgpost-1037-1192133895_thumb.jpg

*whistles*

Ah, she's a Beaut!

So, the new Edge white is the white that was on the 07 MKX's then?

Awesome! Thank you so much!

:hyper:

Well, I certainly appreciate you telling us. I am so excited!

BTW...has your local lots been fully stocked with the 07 Edges?

Any of you?

The reason I am asking is, you know how they got a late start bringing them out to fix a few issues...so they did not actually start hitting some lots until like, Feb, or March of 07? Well my local lot has never had more than like 4, possibly 5 on the lot at the time.

I know people were buying them up pretty fast also, because I ride by like twice a week, and usually there were different ones there...

But, still, they never had a huge stock of them...

Did yours?

Course, I do live in a fairly small city...

They had have them since Jan or so and they usuallyhave ten or so at a time. I have a friend that has one and she hasnt had any problems. In fact, she keeps finding more stuff she didnt know she had. lol.

I road by again tonight at it was GONE.... I was so bummed, I wanted to get a better look at it. It didnt say sold yesterday so I am guessing someone scooped it up fast or maybe they took it inside.