2008 Sport Suspension

northeastsnake

I am very interested in understanding what the sport suspension feature provides. I've seen this in included when choosing the 20 inch wheel option on the Limited Model.

1. Can anyone out there provide the details...

2. Is this feature available on any other wheel packages from Ford. And if so, what models ie; SE, SEL, Limited.

I'm a car guy...engineer by trade so details are important to me. This Edge is primarily for my wife to drive....but we do like performance Ford vehicles, even though this is a daily driver (not a performance car for sure). But we currently drive an 4.6 EB Explorer...previously Windstars...so we do know what body lean is all about. Previous to children, we drove Mustang GTs...and have a couple old Ford play toys...

Any input is appreciated. Dealer information on this model year is difficult to obtain at this level... I haven't discussed with my favorite dealer yet...plan to do this tomorrow..

Our purchase plans are soon...just trying to make an informed decision.

PS. my wife doesn't care for the chrome wheels...wev'e seen them...hoping the sports suspension is available in the AWD, SEL with 18s...otherwise might have to convince her that 20's look good...LOL

I am very interested in understanding what the sport suspension feature provides. I've seen this in included when choosing the 20 inch wheel option on the Limited Model.

2. Is this feature available on any other wheel packages from Ford. And if so, what models ie; SE, SEL, Limited.

I'm a car guy...engineer by trade so details are important to me. This Edge is primarily for my wife to drive....but we do like performance Ford vehicles, even though this is a daily driver (not a performance car for sure). But we currently drive an 4.6 EB Explorer...previously Windstars...so we do know what body lean is all about. Previous to children, we drove Mustang GTs...and have a couple old Ford play toys...

Any input is appreciated. Dealer information on this model year is difficult to obtain at this level... I haven't discussed with my favorite dealer yet...plan to do this tomorrow..

PS. my wife doesn't care for the chrome wheels...wev'e seen them...hoping the sports suspension is available in the AWD, SEL with 18s...otherwise might have to convince her that 20's look good...LOL

I would also really like to know what all has been changed in the "Sport Suspension". Have they changed the springs, shocks, maybe added a sway bar or a stiffer sway bar? Having the 20" wheels will give you better performance on their own, but tuning the suspension will help even more.

Clayton

I just received my '08 FWD Limited which we ordered with 20" wheels. I, too, was reluctant to order the chrome clad wheels because we both liked the painted aluminum better. However, my husband liked the idea of the larger wheel with Perelli tires. We were pleasantly surprised when it arrived with Sport Tuned Suspension listed on window sticker next to 20" wheel option. I believe if you google "Ford Sport Tune Suspension" it will bring up info about stabilizer bar, springs, etc.

I have to say..... as nervous as I was about the chrome clad, it actually looks great with the Vapor Silver. I love the car and the way it drives. I have been driving Ford SUVs for 16 years and before that a full size Ford Van. My husband drives an F150 and has his 1st car which is a '67 Mustang and a 427 Cobra (Contemporary kit car from the 1980s).

Mine is a FWD Limited (Vapor Silver/Lt Stone Interior) with all options except DVD. The Navigation works perfectly but I am having trouble with Sync recognizing names when i say "call <name>". I need to find a phone number with Ford to help resolve this issue. Other than that, I am very happy so far!

I just received my '08 FWD Limited which we ordered with 20" wheels. I, too, was reluctant to order the chrome clad wheels because we both liked the painted aluminum better. However, my husband liked the idea of the larger wheel with Perelli tires. We were pleasantly surprised when it arrived with Sport Tuned Suspension listed on window sticker next to 20" wheel option. I believe if you google "Ford Sport Tune Suspension" it will bring up info about stabilizer bar, springs, etc.

I have to say..... as nervous as I was about the chrome clad, it actually looks great with the Vapor Silver. I love the car and the way it drives. I have been driving Ford SUVs for 16 years and before that a full size Ford Van. My husband drives an F150 and has his 1st car which is a '67 Mustang and a 427 Cobra (Contemporary kit car from the 1980s).

Mine is a FWD Limited (Vapor Silver/Lt Stone Interior) with all options except DVD. The Navigation works perfectly but I am having trouble with Sync recognizing names when i say "call <name>". I need to find a phone number with Ford to help resolve this issue. Other than that, I am very happy so far!

Any chance of seeing some pictures? I know there have been some Silver Vapor pics posted, but they were late afternoon and don't think it showed off the color the best. I would like to see some in the midday sun. Also your has the Lt Stone which would be good to see as well.

Clayton

================================================================================

==

Just spoke with local Ford dealer...no details available to this dealer on "sport suspension" just list this as it is part of 20" wheel option that is only on Limited model.

Did some searching on the internet at lunch today...I read that the new '08 Fusion has a sport tuned suspension package..includes; wheels, rear bar, shock adjustment, spring adjustment. maybe this is part of the Edge package as well when the 20" wheel option is selected...your guess is good as mine. wouldn't you think Ford would want to make this information readily available to their dealer network???

come on guys help me out here.

================================================================================

==

Just spoke with local Ford dealer...no details available to this dealer on "sport suspension" just list this as it is part of 20" wheel option that is only on Limited model.

Did some searching on the internet at lunch today...I read that the new '08 Fusion has a sport tuned suspension package..includes; wheels, rear bar, shock adjustment, spring adjustment. maybe this is part of the Edge package as well when the 20" wheel option is selected...your guess is good as mine. wouldn't you think Ford would want to make this information readily available to their dealer network???

come on guys help me out here.

Counting on the dealer to know all the info? Surely you jest.

And yes, I called you Shirley. (Movie anyone?)

I would think that the upgraded rear bar, shock and spring adjustment would be the "sport suspension."

Too bad they didn't upgrade the front sway bar too.

I drove by the local ford dealer today and saw the 08' with the 20's on.

I have an 07' with 20's, but I also dropped my edge with the spring kit.

The 08' with the 20's still has the tall stance, and the wheel well space between the tire and the fender looks like the 07' stock tire gap.

Not sure about that sport suspension their talking about, but I'm very happy with my results.