2011 thumping sound right rear

fishx65

2011 awd sel with 30,000 miles. Dealer did 4 wheel alignment and there are two brand new tires on rear. Vehicle was purchased used with 21,000 miles and two tires were pretty worn. Rides just fine with no vibrations but there is a constant thumping that sounds like it's coming from the right rear. Any ideas??

Edited by fishx65

• 6 months later...

2011 awd sel with 30,000 miles. Dealer did 4 wheel alignment and there are two brand new tires on rear. Vehicle was purchased used with 21,000 miles and two tires were pretty worn. Rides just fine with no vibrations but there is a constant thumping that sounds like it's coming from the right rear. Any ideas??

I have the same prob but dealer is unable to figureout

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wheel bearing issue maybe? Mine is going in with the same problem. At high speeds, does it howl/growl instead of thump? At say 10-15mph you can hear a thump (very slight) but at hwy speeds mine turns into a growl. Pretty sure it's a wheel bearing issue, there is a TSB out there on this issue I believe.