2013 Edge Sport Wheel Finish Cracking

engmoto

I was washing the Edge last week and noticed cracking on the inner edge of the finished portion of the wheels, so I mentioned it to the service manager at the local dealer. He took photos and I just recieved a call saying Ford will be replacing all four wheels.

Has anyone else had problems with the finish on the 22" Sport wheels?

A littile history...I've had a few minor quality issues with the interior of the vehicle and was getting a bit disappointed with the vehicle but I'm pleased to see that Ford is standing behind it's product. :) I was starting to consider trading the Edge for another Jeep. I traded a Jeep SRT8 for the Edge. I knew I'd lose the power, but didn't expect such a difference in quality, fit and finish. However, I had serious mechanical problem with the Jeep, which was the reason I decided to move on.

• 9 months later...

I went to do a thorough clean & polish up a little curb rash before winter comes on the 22's on my '13 Sport and realized that what I thought was just some type of whitish stuff slung on the wheels is actually the clear coat starting to "craze" from the inside edge of the wheel surfaces. It's definitely under the clear coat and not something that can polished off.

I've only got 22k miles on it and have always used Eagle One All Wheel Cleaner only on cold wheels since it was brand new.

I'll post a some pic's as soon as I get a chance.

Anyone else having this problems with their 22's

• 3 weeks later...

Mentioned the wheels when I took the car in for regular service last week. I was very happily surprised when I went to go pick it up and the Service Advisor told me that they were going to replace all 4 wheels.

I'd agree that it most be a common known problem since there was none of the typical hassle of getting fixed factory cosmetic problems that develop over time. No "we'll have to have the Regional Rep come out and look at them"; no BS about there being curb rash on all 4 wheels (ex-wife is now barred from driving it), etc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...