13N02 - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster

omar302

Have the TSB/extended warranty coverage with you when you go to the dealer to get it fixed. Shouldn't require any more than that.

ten years of service or 150,000 miles

Certain 2010-2013 model year Edge and MKX vehicles built at the Oakville Assembly Plant from May 3, 2010 through March 28, 2013. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS.

Check using your VIN on owner.ford.com. That should tell you what all applies to you. Even if it doesn't apply to you, the dealer probably has the latitude to do the warranty work if the technical conditions match.

Can someone help? My 2010 Ford is currently at the dealership. Service dept is definitely saying the brake booster but my car is not covered under this 13n02 warranty. My build date is 4/21; exactly 12 days before the 5/3 start date of the 'effected vehicles'. Repair cost is $580, which I don't have right now to get this fixed. Is there any way they will still cover this? Does anyone know who I can call?

Thanks!

Hey guys, booster is failing .obviously a internal tear by all the symptoms. I checked the booster valve, its good. Master is good aswell. Had another tech check it , said it was 100% the booster. So i went to the dealer and told them is got a bad booster. They said it's on the extended warranty but will charge 150$ for diagnostics. Lol.... I already paid 100$ for a oil change and detail with a diagnostic on the hard brake pedal from my regular independent shop. I told the dealer this and they said they can't go by another shops diagnostic and they will charge 150$. Booster isn't complicated to diagnose when its hissing like arabid snake everytime you press it and then gets hard. Hehe. Anyways. ... i left the dealer and will call another ford dealer to see if they will just swap it out while not charging for what i already know. Any advice or dies everyone pay the diagnostic fee. If i remember, some got charged and others did not. Is it all really on the dealer you go to? Will calling ford directly like some do help the dealer waive the diagnostic fee?

You'll pay the diag fee only if the problem turns out to be something else. That's always a possibility, however remote it may be.[/quote

]

i was hoping for that, didn't happen. Guy said "150$ flat diagnostic fee" so i told him thay some dealers didn't charge. He said for them is a diagnostic fee. So i told him i was in the wrong dealer and thanked him for the info. I left politely. So now I'm wondering what's my next step. .. im planning on calling another ford dealer and ask them to charge the fee is is something else like you said. You think that's a good idea?

Attached as PDF...

Good luck!

Thank you.

I will have Ford look at my booster to be on the safe side.

I have noticed that my brake fluid reservoir is low, but my front pads are worn so I assumed that worn pads was the reason for the low brake fluid level.

To the dealer I go.

• Like 2