Drivers door speaker Static Sometimes

Funny you should say this .. I replaced the factory speakers in my 2011 limited with the Infinity speakers. About 1 month later the driver side door started to exhibit static pretty much most the time. New speakers .. I figured that there was a "burn-in" failure and didn't even trouble shoot. I contacted the seller who was more than happy to exchange but added that they'll test the speakers from me and if it was determined to be in good working order I'd be changed for shipping, fees, etc.

:shrug: sure enough, one of the connections had loosened up and was the source of my static.

The drivers side door gets the most use. gets opened and slammed numerous times per day. So it only stands to reason that there is a higher chance of mechanical failure in that door. Check it out.

And yes .. the upgraded speakers are well worth it as a inexpensive, easy upgrade.

was it a connection in the door harness? or the speaker? I only have 4000miles on the car too so it hasn't had that much wear and tear. I noticed that the ford truck forum guys were having a similar problem that stemmed from the harness in the drivers door. I guess I'll have to take in to Tasca Ford and see what they can do. I just dont want them to replace the speaker then a few days later have the same problem.