Not Advising of Texts now

What phone do you have, was it updated recently? If its an Android & you usually keep Bluetooth on all the time, like I do, usually turning Bluetooth off then on cures it.

If that doesn't work, try re-pairing the phone. Make sure to un-pair Sync from your phone, and delete your phone from Sync. Then Pair them.

If that still doesn't fix it, try restarting Sync (pull fuse/connector, reboot app or disconnect battery), finally you can Master Reset Sync.

Sorry, should have said that. I have the iphone 5. It worked until the latest Sync update I did now that I think about it. I re-paired then. I'll try it again. I thought that maybe it was something you had to turn "on" with the newest update and I couldn't find it.

To get incoming Texting to work on iphone:

It is important to see show notifications. If you do not see "Show Notifications" under your Sync options on the phone try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) On phone Go into the settings screen, Bluetooth, Sync., & press the blue arrow icon ,You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On" on phone

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.