Ford Remote Access

thanks for your help

i printed directions and gave it to them. They got me my pin and i was able to tie it to the account.

Now im having an issue with the IOS app . With my phone i launch it and it has the header for the car name but none of the options come up.

So i installed the app on my nexus 7 and it never starts. Does this work on wifi only devices? what can i do to test this? i dont see start options on the web portal..

I called the 1800 number and they fixed it for me. Turns out the dealer did not give me access to use the buttons. Then right away it worked.

Just a heads up before anyone goes through what i did. If you go through the dealer make sure they have done one before. This has been a 2 week process for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm looking to install this system in my 2014 EdgeSport. It came with the factory remote start/push button start. What was the exact part number you purchased? And who had the best price?

After researching I came up with this: DL3Z 19G364 A. Is that correct?

I also read that the install is pretty easy then I can activate via the internet without involving the dealer. Once I enter the SIM # provided a pin # will be generated and then all that's left is to download the ap and register. Does that sound about right?

Thank you

you can install it yourself.It is a pretty simple install in the edge. It just plugs into the TPMS module in the left rear panel.

But the problem is you cannot program it and generate the pin# without it being connected to a ford computer (IDS)

Thank you. But how are people getting these units programmed over the phone?

I have the website that's used for programming bookmarked.

• 3 weeks later...

TRMN8TR, I'm looking into getting this system as well, where did you find the best price for it?

I bought it from this seller on eBay. Super fast shipping too! This was the absolute best price I could find, believe me I looked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-STOCK-FACTORY-FORD-SMARTPHONE-REMOTE-START-STARTER-KIT-iphone-android-/350950539631?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b648416f&vxp=mtr

Let me know if you have any questions or pm me your number if you'd rather talk on the phone.

Hector

• 2 months later...

I just installed this on my 2011 MKX. Plug and play install, really straightforward.

I live in the GTA Ontario and ordered the Canadian version from Levitown Ford. I called and spor to Benny, he activated it for me. Great dealer and people to work with, I wish my local dealer was as accommodating as Benny was.

Works great, I'm guitar pleased.

Shawn.