Plasti Dip

rgigowski

Hey y'all...

I am want to Plasti Dip the chrome front facia and the chrome wheels on my '08 Limited. My son did this to his '14 Subaru Outback and gotta admit, it looks good.

First off, has anyone used Plasti Dip and what was your experience? Any pointers? Acording to the website it looks striaght forward.

Secondly, the front chrome facia. I'd like to take it of to spray it and I actually removed the upper fasteners to see what I would be in for. It looks like the facia is secured by screws to the lower bumber cover. Does anyone have access to some sort of manual that will give me an idea on how to do this? I can mask it off and leave it on the vehicle but that is only if I can't find a way to take it off safely.

My Edge is white so I am going with flat black to match the lower cladding around the vehicle. Sort of like a Sport model that wasn't available in '08.

Thoughts?

I appreciate the input.

I have a video tutorial on this. Check out the link in my signature about plastidip'd rims for more information. All the steps in that video will be the same for your grill too.

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for! I was going back and forth about leaving the Ford emblum origninal or to Plasti Dip it too. You have given me food for thought.

Thanks for the input!