Rattle sound when closing door

Pat8839

Sorry not sure if this is correct place to post, but I recently noticed a rattle sound from underneath my Edge when closing either back door or back end. Sounds like it's coming from near the exhaust. Doesn't sound super crazy but I don't want anything to be loose and me not fix that.

Thanks!

Mine was the right hand exhaust shield. Screws held mine on. I removed a couple screws ,put a small bent in the shield, put screws back in. The bend seemed to take the flex out which caused the rattle. The shield rattled against the bottom of the car

2013 SEL

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-24956700-1394047253_thumb.jpg

1edge I crawled under mine and found the same thing! How much of a bend did you put in it? Will i damage anything if I do that? Not a huge big deal but a brand new car shouldn't rattle!

Just enough to take the flex out of it . You may be able to put enough without unscrewing it??

Sorry no pictures. May see if I can take one?

Larry

Just enough to take the flex out of it . You may be able to put enough without unscrewing it??

Sorry no pictures. May see if I can take one?

Larry

Well I took a picture of the muffler and shield. Hope you can make it out. Not much room under the car. You could probably just push up or pull down on either the front or rear of the shield enough to take the flex out so it wouldn't rattle. The left shield has a wire loom fastened to it which may keep it from rattling?

post-26092-0-86493600-1394889921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Pat8839,

The only time I noticed mine rattle was when I closed the rear lift gate. I thought I heard the noise coming from the right side rear. How I made sure what it was. I laid under the car and had someone shut the lift gate. And wala there it was. easy fix..

Larry

Northern,In

• 1 month later...

New rattle/vibration sound when closing doors or liftgate. Not the exhaust heat shield this time. The plastic shield/cover under the right side of the gas tank. Easy fix. I used a non-porous piece of hard rubber About 1-1/2" long x 1" wide x 1/4" thick. Pulled shield down , slid rubber into the narrowest area. Probably could use smaller or larger piece.

Larry

Northern, In.