ACLazer

Edge Body Side Protective Moldings

I installed a set of Sportwing moldings last weekend. Great product and paintmatch.

I also got a pair of side protective moldings form sport wing, they look great and are a must. Ford should install them for all new Edge(s).

Wow. I can swear I see a little green in that Sage. Nah, can't be. Must be the camera :)

-Larry

I received the Sportwing painted body moldings, but no installation instructions. I found this website that provides most of the information I need.

What I don't have is the recommended install height measurements for the Edge. Can someone send me the measurements so I know how high on the door to install them?

Looks GREAT, Congrats :shades:

What's the little emblem on the bottom of the front door, towards the front?

Dom

It says EDGE

The Sportwing moldings fo my wifes edge arrived yesterday. I should be able to put them on tonight after work.

The Sportwing moldings fo my wifes edge arrived yesterday. I should be able to put them on tonight after work.

Did you get instructions? How high on the door should they be mounted?

I did not get instructions with my order.

Thanks.

Did you get instructions? How high on the door should they be mounted?

I did not get instructions with my order.

Thanks.

Hi,

Try this site http://www.dawn-ent.com/install/fe-edge-mkx.htm. It appears to be the instructions you should have received from Sportwing

:yup:

Those are the instructions I got with my molding. I didn't get around to putting them on last night, but I am going to try again tonight.

NO Black Options for the standard molding?? :huh:

Black is available. That is what I ordered and received.

Feeling Edgy - thanks for the link. Exactly what I needed.

Black is available. That is what I ordered and received.

Feeling Edgy - thanks for the link. Exactly what I needed.

Was it the chrome strip? Can you send me a direct link to that one?

My apoligies. I ordered the painted black without the chrome strip.

I put the moldings on my wifes edge last night. It took about 5 minutes and they look great.

I did use a string to make the line to mount them on. I have an easier time making a straight line with string than I do with tape.

The moldings are great as I had a set put on my 2007 light metallic sage Edge. They include a chrome insert.

I just traded in the '07 I posted pictures of on a new '10 Edge. All the dudes at the dealer were asking where to get those moldings. They held up great for the whole 3 years I had it. I just ordered a set for the new one, I hope they can match the Platinum White paint.

they look great. and they are about a 400% markup item on a new vehicle. did you see the dollar signs in their eyes? lol

I have had a set of Sportwing color keyed on since the Edge was new in 08. Dark ink blue - perfect match. My left side back door molding did its job and took a direct hit in a parking lot. Only thing is they are not colored all the way through. But I am greatful that they worked to save me from getting a ding repaired. I think I can just touch it up and it will look fine. Great investment and I would buy them again.