Edge Body Side Protective Moldings

• 3 weeks later...

I also ordered the sportwing body side moldings. I got the ones with the chrome strip in the middle since my truck has chrome clad wheels. I too was pleased with my order, and installation was a snap. Here's some pics of mine...

edge1cl2.th.jpg

edge2dr7.th.jpg

Click on either image to enlarge them.

Edited by cmccarthy

• 3 months later...
Those look GREAT, Congrats. They really do a nice job with the instructions and installation kit.

I almost went with the ones with the Chrome Strip in them too, they do look GREAT. I dunno, I just thought less would be better.

Dom

I just want to add, these Molding's do WORK. They have saved my car TWICE now that I'm aware of.

I SAW them work from 2 different idiots :finger: that don't know how to open doors in a parking lot.

I'll agree on the door side mouldings... besides giving the Edge a really sharp looking detail across the blank door panels, mine have saved a couple of dings so far. Also got mine from SportWing.com - very high quality product and highly recommended if a mod like this interests you. Pics of mine in Redfire in my album..

08GMansEdge

These really look great. Were they hard to put on? I am going to order them for my 08 ltd dark inkn blue. This is a "must have."

Not difficult at all IMO... if you can operate a tape measure and a roll of masking tape you're golden..! :yup:

They come with easy instructions, the cleaner & prep packs, and are very nicely packaged for the trip to your door. The paint is true Ford OEM (you enter your paint code when ordering) and matches perfectly. Well worth the cost and one of the favorite mods I've done so far.

Is anyone aware of any promotions that SportWing is currently doing to get a discount? I noticed that they have a promotion code entry when you place an order.

Not that I'm aware of, just give them a call :shades:

Phone: (800) 899-1516

Offices are open from 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday

If you have a product question, please have the part number, product description, and your vehicle's specifications ready. Please state that you are a Sportwing Website customer.

• 2 weeks later...
Not that I'm aware of, just give them a call :shades:

Phone: (800) 899-1516

Offices are open from 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday

If you have a product question, please have the part number, product description, and your vehicle's specifications ready. Please state that you are a Sportwing Website customer.

I just had the painted side moldings from Sport Wing installed on my 08 ltd dark ink blue. I can't post any pictures at this time - we haven't had a sunny day since I can remember and the dark color would never show up well in a photo. They were a perfect match and really look nice IMO. I would highly recommend these since they are not available from the factory. Will post a photo as soon as I can get it washed and the sun is shining again (will also have to borrow a dig camera).

I just got back from my friends heated garage after putting on the White Sand body mouldings, and the rear bumper protector! All looks awesome, something Ford should have made OEM!!!!!!!!! Wasn't difficult at all. I'd take a pic but it'd look just like the 5 pics already up on this thread. Oval

I bought the chrome-insert versions from Sportwing. The paint match was perfect, and they look great.

Looks GREAT, Congrats :shades:

What's the little emblem on the bottom of the front door, towards the front?

Dom

Edited by ACLazer

• 4 weeks later...

I am definitely ordering a set of these... luckily no dings yet, but I've been very careful. but I know one of these days I'm going to open my girlfriend's car door in the next carport just a wee bit too hard. if she doesn't first.

I'm impressed with both the look and the color matching. awesome