Ebay Replacement keyless FOB will it work in Canada

Hi,

My current FOB for my EDge 2011 is broken. I still ahve the keu but the buttons are broken. I need to repalce the FOB. My question si, the OEM version I want to buy from EBAY requires that I match the FCC number. I am not sure what my FCC number is. I know my car was made in Ontarion Canada so my quetsion is, if I buy this OEM FOB from ebay, will I be able to use it for my car. The FOB comes with an uncut key but I have my key from the original broken FOB that came with my car. Can I just repalce the keys? and then just program it?

Thanks,

Nick

There is no difference between the fobs used on Canadian vehicles vs the American ones. So if it works in the US, it will work in Canada. However if your original fob is broken and you only have one other one, you will likely have to take the new one to a dealer to have it programmed. If your old broken fob works just enough (when placed in the "dock" in the console) and you have another working one, you can program a new one yourself.

• 2 months later...

There is no difference between the fobs used on Canadian vehicles vs the American ones. So if it works in the US, it will work in Canada. However if your original fob is broken and you only have one other one, you will likely have to take the new one to a dealer to have it programmed. If your old broken fob works just enough (when placed in the "dock" in the console) and you have another working one, you can program a new one yourself.

It also depends on the frequency of the transmitter (keyfob) and receiver (in vehicle) i have a key which donot work due to frequency mismatch. My car is build for 433Mhz frequency.

While vehicles sold in US have different frequency, so it better to workout before any purchase.