Service Advance Trac & Yellow Wrench

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this. I m having two issues, both happening at different times with my 2013 Sport. Had the dealership look at the Advance trac once already. They just reset the computer from my understanding. But it kept happening along with the yellow wrench showing up twice and the vehicle seemingly lost power but was reving high. It occurred in the snow both times.

My only real concern is there any chance they ll try and pin this on my cold air intake if they need to do repairs?

Thanks

11 Edge Advance Trak problem happened to me, there is a TSB, dealer fixed it with software change. Wrench and power loss seems like what has happened to me twice and has happened to other people: throttle boddy. Dealer won't do anything until they can find an error code, adn error codes clear when you turn off the car, but restarting is the only way to get it to run again. Report it at nhtsa.gov, click on file a complaint. A lot of people have reported it there and it is on other posts here. I have an ESP, but dealer can't get approval to change throttle body under ESP and I am not paying for a new one. 45,000 miles

If I remember correctly, the ABS system/wheel speed sensors have been the culprits in the past. Another thing to check would be the OSS/TSS sensors.

Put it back to stock if you are concerned, but seems like the dealership already knows about your CAI?

Im having this same issue and they told me its a wheel sensor, Im also having my blinker not click off after I make a full turn, it just stays on, seems like something I shouldn't be having on a '13 edge with 3200 miles. Whats frustrating to me more than anything is that they want it for a few days but they won't give me a loaner vehicle.

Edited by rsto

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this. I m having two issues, both happening at different times with my 2013 Sport. Had the dealership look at the Advance trac once already. They just reset the computer from my understanding. But it kept happening along with the yellow wrench showing up twice and the vehicle seemingly lost power but was reving high. It occurred in the snow both times.

Hey Phillmatchett,

I recommend making an appointment with your Ford Dealer. In addition, you may contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673 for more options.

Im having this same issue and they told me its a wheel sensor, Im also having my blinker not click off after I make a full turn, it just stays on, seems like something I shouldn't be having on a '13 edge with 3200 miles. Whats frustrating to me more than anything is that they want it for a few days but they won't give me a loaner vehicle.

Hi rsto,

I'd like to connect you with your regional CSM, who'll work with you and your dealer to come to a solution. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and dealership name.

That's why Todd from Ford Customer Service is here! If the dealer is not to your satisfaction, get Todd involved. He can help get roadblocks removed for you, as well as pass on your dealer impressions directly to Ford.

Aww..you're making me blush. :mademyday: Thank you for your continued support.

Todd

Edited by FordService

Thanks for the responses. I did make an appointment and they got back an error code. But they had to call the help line and said it would likely take couple days to receive a reply. They have called since and I'm booked again to get it fixed. They didn't quite explain the problem to me though. I'll find out when I bring it in for the appointment. It's good to know that I have options. Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I did make an appointment and they got back an error code. But they had to call the help line and said it would likely take couple days to receive a reply. They have called since and I'm booked again to get it fixed. They didn't quite explain the problem to me though. I'll find out when I bring it in for the appointment. It's good to know that I have options. Thanks

There are always options, my friend! Let me know if you have questions and have a great evening.

Todd