Issues Installing K&N Air Filter (33-2395) on 2011 Edge Limited

Hello,

Just picked up a K&N Air Filter (model 33-2395) for my 2011 AWD Edge Limited. Has anyone had any issues getting the clamps back on after installing it?

I don't want to force it and am wondering if I was sent a dud or if I need to apply more than reasonable force to get the clamps on.

The filter itself is absolutely of different dimensions/thickness than the stock ford air filter. It drops in and appears to fit fine but I just can't get the clamps back on easily.

Anyone have similar experiences? My K&N Air filter was a much easier install on my 2006 Fusion SE.

Thanks,

-Imm

Had same issue with a 2011 MKX when installing the K&N filter but it wasn't caused by the filter itself. Took me 30min of struggling and resetting it before clamp was set. Had same issue when I got rid of the K&N filter for a stock one few months later so in my case I know the issue was the metal clamp and not the filter.

I didn't have this issue on my Edge but did on my WRX. I think the rubber seal surrounding the filter is thicker and less plyable then the oem filter if I recall. Just takes alittle more elbow grease. As long as the filter properly seated all you are doing is compressing the rubber surround.

-Russ