text messages

Some people say pulling the fuse to reset the sync system works. There is also a method to reset the phone and sync system if your phone doesn't have the notification option on the bluetooth screen.
I am also going through problems with text messages and the sync. My wife has a 2009 Edge and had the sync updated by the dealership this past month to see if this would help and it still gets the not supported error. She has the iPhone 4s and also does not have the notification option on her phone. I have tried many options including the ones I posted above but they have not worked for me. It is frustrating.

Hey everyone,

According to our compatibility chart the iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c are not compatible with texting on MFT. Here's a link if you want to take a look:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-myford-touch

Along with the 5 line, the iPhone 4s isn't compatible for texting on SYNC. Here's that compatibility chart:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync

Rebecca

"only the MFT systems briefly." Really?

Try below...

on the phone try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.

Sort of related, but not quite the same: I recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It reads texts fine, but after it reads them, is the new message indicator on the main MFT screen supposed to disappear or does it stay until you clear the new message flag on the phone itself?

Also, the notification display on the right-hand MFT cluster display will remain there if I use the main screen to tell it to play the message instead of using the steering wheel controls. Shouldn't it return back to its previous screen after it's already read?

Hey everyone,

According to our compatibility chart the iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c are not compatible with texting on MFT. Here's a link if you want to take a look:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-myford-touch

Along with the 5 line, the iPhone 4s isn't compatible for texting on SYNC. Here's that compatibility chart:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync

Rebecca

Now that might be true- but is Misleading! Especially when ford posts on their web site about receiving texts...

It is not listed as NOT FULLY compatible due to the SENDING of texts . iphone can receive.

"How to allow SYNC to receive text messages from your iPhone - See more at: http://support.lincoln.com/sync-technology/how-to-allow-ios-text-messaging-sync-mylincoln-touch#sthash.EPLWPViP.dpuf"

Attention, iPhone users! We’re happy to announce that SYNC can now read your text messages aloud to you while you're driving. Please note, to use this feature you must be running your SYNC with MyLincoln Touch system on software version 3.5. - See more at: http://support.lincoln.com/sync-technology/how-to-allow-ios-text-messaging-sync-mylincoln-touch#sthash.EPLWPViP.dpuf

I haven't played with it enough to verify, but it used to work on my Fusion and now it doesn't and there is no option to turn it back on. I haven't tried re-pairing it yet.

But.....

I just paired my iphone 5 and my wife's iphone 5S with her brand new Escape and it doesn't work there either.

I'll do more troubleshooting.

follow post 6... The way you describe Akirby- (Pair & go) is what we should ALL expect BUT as we All know- a few hoop jumps are needed with MFT. That is why us owners figured out the hoops -posted it...then 1 year later Ford put it on their web as a "do you know...." help topic.....should have been other way around...but at least it works...

every time iphone does an update- Found it is BEST Practice to follow post 6 to "sync" FYI- don't have your phone on Silent-that may effect performance

• 1 month later...

follow post 6... The way you describe Akirby- (Pair & go) is what we should ALL expect BUT as we All know- a few hoop jumps are needed with MFT. That is why us owners figured out the hoops -posted it...then 1 year later Ford put it on their web as a "do you know...." help topic.....should have been other way around...but at least it works...

every time iphone does an update- Found it is BEST Practice to follow post 6 to "sync" FYI- don't have your phone on Silent-that may effect performance

I can confirm that this works as described. Thanks drpepper. The first time I followed these steps it still didn't work, but second time, I checked the BT on my iPhone5S to ensure that "Notification" is set to ON on the phone. Then I went thru the steps again, and this time the warning that my phone is unsupported is gone. Texting to speech is now enabled. Nice.