Sync Volume Issue

I adjusted the Sync Voice Volume by pressing the hard button "Menu" and then the soft button "Feedback" and then set the Voice Volume to 16. I noticed that the initial Sync dialog starts off at the correct volume but once I speak a selection such as "User Device USB" the Sync system amps up the volume considerably. If I check the Voice Voume it still indicates 16 but it ends up sounding more like 24. (Max Vol is 34) Sure I could set up the Voice Volume setting to 24 to provide a more consistent volume experience however that level is too loud for my tastes.

Any suggestions?

I adjusted the Sync Voice Volume by pressing the hard button "Menu" and then the soft button "Feedback" and then set the Voice Volume to 16. I noticed that the initial Sync dialog starts off at the correct volume but once I speak a selection such as "User Device USB" the Sync system amps up the volume considerably. If I check the Voice Voume it still indicates 16 but it ends up sounding more like 24. (Max Vol is 34) Sure I could set up the Voice Volume setting to 24 to provide a more consistent volume experience however that level is too loud for my tastes.

Any suggestions?

Just a thought - do you have speed sensitive volume control turned on? You could try setting it to 0 just for fun. Otherwise it sounds like a bug.

I just tried it and it made no difference. Thanks though.

I bet you have the NAV radio... Pressing the voice button activates the voice system in the head unit, not SYNC. When you then navigate to Phone or User Device options, control is handed off to SYNC. Raising the volume level for the voice prompts on the Nav system menu will match the level of SYNC much more closely.