Ordering Question

npggirl

Ahoy Maties...

Okay, so I ordered my 08 Edge about a week or so ago...

My question is, is there something special about ordering? I mean....well kinda hard to explain...

I ordered my edge because I wanted to make sure I got an Edge with everything I want on it....Which meant loaded!

BUT, since ordering, my dealership that I ordered from has gotten an Edge in Identical to what I ordered...

08, white sand, camel int, fully loaded....everything...

So, should I go talk to them about getting that one?

Should I wait for my personalized order?

Is there any special things we get for actually "ordering" one?

I am just curious....

I assumed the reason everyone actually places an order for these is to get them exactly like they want them, but hey, they have one at the lot now...

:stats:

The only reason to order is to get exactly what you want and not one thing more or less. Too often my local dealer will have trailer tow on most vehicles but that's something I'm not interested in. If you are lucky enough to have found one on the dealer lot that matches your order exactly then go for it. There is no other advantage to ordering.

The only reason to order is to get exactly what you want and not one thing more or less. Too often my local dealer will have trailer tow on most vehicles but that's something I'm not interested in. If you are lucky enough to have found one on the dealer lot that matches your order exactly then go for it. There is no other advantage to ordering.

I agree. If it has what you want go for it!

Ahoy Maties...

My question is, is there something special about ordering? I mean....well kinda hard to explain...

I ordered my edge because I wanted to make sure I got an Edge with everything I want on it....Which meant loaded!

BUT, since ordering, my dealership that I ordered from has gotten an Edge in Identical to what I ordered...

I am just curious....

I assumed the reason everyone actually places an order for these is to get them exactly like they want them, but hey, they have one at the lot now...

Call the dealer. Tell him/her what you say and ask if it is identical to the one you ordered.

If so, there should be no reason he/she can't sell that one to you.

Ahoy Maties...

I am just curious....

Tell the dealer you want the one they have on the lot...they may resisit because you already have one purchased, even tho' on order. What is BAMR?

There are special interest rates on a purchase.

There is an additional incentive and very low rates on a Red Carpet Lease in the Atlanta market.

You may want to have them figure a 2-3 year lease, just to see what the payments would be. At the end of the lease, you could walk away from it or buy it at a predetermined price. I did the lease on the MKX figuring my son would buy it at the end of the lease if it turns out to be a very good vehicle - so far - so good.

BAMR = Big A$$ Moon Roof

Holdback is the same for stocked unit or special ordered. The stock unit may have experienced some floor plan expense (interest on the note) that they would like to recover.

Buy it before it's gone.

DUH...thanks...I have one of those!!!

My advice to npggirl would be to tell the dealer that they have the one that she wants...so to let her have it or she should order from another dealer. I just got my EDGE-loaded last week....the dealer did a swap with another dealer 250 miles away so they could provide to me...I would be very upset if they had the one on the lot that I ordered, if they would not sell it to me....GOOD LUCK!!!

There are special interest rates on a purchase.

There is an additional incentive and very low rates on a Red Carpet Lease in the Atlanta market.

You may want to have them figure a 2-3 year lease, just to see what the payments would be. At the end of the lease, you could walk away from it or buy it at a predetermined price. I did the lease on the MKX figuring my son would buy it at the end of the lease if it turns out to be a very good vehicle - so far - so good.

What options are on your MKX and what were the lease terms/cost if you don't mind me asking?

What options are on your MKX and what were the lease terms/cost if you don't mind me asking?

2007 with Sirius, Ultimate package and heated rear seats for 2 years at $471 - I don't recall the interest rate or the residual used but I did the 10,500 miles/yr. (Z Plan)

Ahoy Maties...

I am just curious....

Just an Update!!!

I called my dealer, and we got the one on the lot. The only thing it did not have in it was the all weather mats, which are being ordered...

SO, as of TODAY, I am an EDGE OWNER!!!!!

Oh, and talk about SYNC....Spoiled!!! I am SPOILED!

I never want to pick up my phone to dial a number again! I have not had a lot of time to play with everything, but so far, I love it all!

WIll post pics soon!!!

:happy feet:

Just an Update!!!

I called my dealer, and we got the one on the lot. The only thing it did not have in it was the all weather mats, which are being ordered...

I never want to pick up my phone to dial a number again! I have not had a lot of time to play with everything, but so far, I love it all!

WIll post pics soon!!!

Congrats!!! Now you really can run around saying MINE MINE MINE MINE.

I know you love it!

Definitely...want...pics....

Just an Update!!!

WIll post pics soon!!!

Congrats....I believe we have twins...anyway, you now have to order your rear bumper guard to protect that bumper... www.aslauto.com $29.95 + s/h....