Home Link

I just picked up my 08 Edge SEL AWD - so far I love it! Only question I have - has anyone else had trouble programming the HomeLink feature (to open garage door). We have HomeLink on my husbands Lincoln and love it but my Edge is not accepting the programming from my garage door opener. (have tried the American and Canadian methods).

I just picked up my 08 Edge SEL AWD last week- so far I love it! Only question I have - has anyone else had trouble programming the HomeLink feature (to open garage door). We have HomeLink on my husbands Lincoln and love it but my Edge is not accepting the programming from my garage door opener. (have tried the American and Canadian methods).

I just picked up my 08 Edge SEL AWD - so far I love it! Only question I have - has anyone else had trouble programming the HomeLink feature (to open garage door). We have HomeLink on my husbands Lincoln and love it but my Edge is not accepting the programming from my garage door opener. (have tried the American and Canadian methods).

Some garage door openers only accept a limited number of remotes operating at one time. Mine is that way. Had to reprogram all of them and "delete" one to add the Homelink equipped car.

Some garage door openers only accept a limited number of remotes operating at one time. Mine is that way. Had to reprogram all of them and "delete" one to add the Homelink equipped car.

Mine was stubborn too. I had to put the car right under the garage unit to have the signal synch. Originally tried to program with car in driveway. All works great and it picks up signal from 200 feet away. BTW, the unit I have is the optional mirror with homelink.

My garage door openers were installed before the days of "Rolling Code" so I can use any Homelink remote. If you have newer garage door openers, make sure any Homelink you buy from E-Bay, etc. has the Rolling Code technology.

PS - if you buy a radio for your Edge off E-Bay or from a radio store, there has been an antenna change and older radios will not work without an antenna adaptor. Went through that on my F150 - the change for most radios happened in 2007.

• 1 month later...

April,

Hope you got it programmed. Wanted to let you know when my wife got her 2008 Edge a few weeks ago I could not get it programmed to our garage door opener. We eventually took it back to the dealer. He performed some sort of repair and it programmed fine after that.

Now the dealer said there was a fuse blown but that doesn't make sense. Nothing else in the car was not working and the fuse diagram shows the Homelink on a circuit with the interior/vanity lights and they worked fine so he obviously did something else but gave us the quick answer that a fuse was blown.

Another thing you might do is delete any codes that could be accidentally stored before you try programming. The owner's manual explains how to do this. You basically hold the two outer buttons down until the Homelink light flashes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just picked up my 08 Edge SEL AWD last week- so far I love it! Only question I have - has anyone else had trouble programming the HomeLink feature (to open garage door). We have HomeLink on my husbands Lincoln and love it but my Edge is not accepting the programming from my garage door opener. (have tried the American and Canadian methods).

:sos:

Get on a Ladder and look for a Programming Button on the opener itself. Push it in and then push the button on the Home Link in the car, and .... Walla

Good Luck

Dom