Just purchased a used 2013 Limited, Pulls to the right all the time.

twodips

Good morning all,

Just bought a 2013 Edge Limited (former rental as most are nowadays) and it's pulling constantly to the right. Michelin 18's w/40k miles on 'em and the fronts are pretty much toast while the back tires have 9/32 tread left. I also noticed that the brakes have worn in a strange way with the inside pad on one front wheel almost gone and the outside of one rear wheel is almost toast. Any ideas? I know rental companies service their vehicles so I'm at a loss.

You'll have good luck with the rental. My wife's last car made it to 200k and my Ford Escape was perfect until i sold it with 155k and both were previous rentals.

Get the brake pads changed and make sure they clean and lube the slides on the calipers. Pulling can also be caused by a hung caliper. If the piston on the caliper is not retracting and is jambed it could cause pulling to the side of the damaged caliper. So also check that out. if that is not the case then I would get an alignment on the car. and see if that is the problem

Edited by CinnamonEdge
  • Like 1

Thank you sir, appreciate the thoughts! I'd done quite a bit of research on the Edge and besides the Sync issues I've not found much that people complain about or have serious problems with long term. I've never been afraid of rentals (my third rental purchase) as most companies service their fleet regularly unlike a private owner.

I do wish Ford would allow buyers of rental vehicles that are slightly over the 36000 mile warranty to purchase factory warranty <sigh>.