Ok let me start with I'm brand new here so please forgive me if this is already answered somewhere, I did a basic search but didnt see the answer that I was looking for.

I have a 2014 Ford Edge that I've had for a month and I got a really good deal on due to some light hail damage, and I've been doing some things to customize it, well I had mentioned to me mother that I would like to remove the cheap black plastic inserts where the DRL's go and get some lights for there. So she surprised me with some that she purchased for me (not certain where but I'd guess E-bay). Well when I went to install them yesterday I discovered that there were no factory plugs for the DRL's to plug into.

So my question is does anyone know where I can get the plugs? Is there a factory style wiring harness that I can purchase? I made the turn signals flash just by throwing a cheap jumper wire on there but I thought I'd check here before trying to make my own plugs.

post-31693-0-82067200-1407071865_thumb.jpg

Well there was no help on here so I made my plugs myself and my DRL/turn signals work great, and ive only got 130.00 in them and it didnt take long to install. These fit perfectly in the bumper when I finally found the plugs for the DRL the pigtails were more than I was willing to pay to I made my own sith gold plated speaker connectors and then filled the plug in with silicone to waterproof it. I then installed it and just ran the hot wire to an open spot in my breaker box that activates when the key switch is turned on. The harness that I used has a White Wire for dimming the DRL's when the headlights come on but I didnt use it ans I also eliminated the yellow wires as the lights had their own so I jumpered it into the factory turnsignals. everything came out nice and the White DRL light turns off when the turn signal light comes on. Also I had Switchbacks that I was going to put the load resistors on but the added resistance from the DRL/TURN SIGNAL makes them not hyperflash. Below is the Video and links to what I used on Ebay.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152583097492010&l=6317015734307753546

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271432014512?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131246381941?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Christopher Morgan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...