Sirius vs XM

That is a question you need to research on the internet. How would we know?

I know this, my Sat. Reciever will NOT pick up XM. so I guess I'll just be SOL.

I am hoping that there is an "inside" person from Ford monitoring this forum who may have some insight.

I guess you are not that person :)

Edited by droth33

I am hoping that there is an "inside" person from Ford monitoring this forum who may have some insight.

I guess you are not that person :)

You have to excuse 07...He is overly medicated...and gets very hyper

*shakes finger at 07*

Calm down...lol

I have heard this rumor. I too am used to XM, but so far so pleased with sirius. Do try researching on the net, I have not heard anything on these boards about it.

;)

The read Orbitcast.com daily (website for strictly satellite radio). There have been several discussion/articles about this and the general consensus is that there will NOT be an integrated receiver at this time. The major thing the two companies are working on is the pricing and channel selections available for the different "ala carte" offerings they will have for each service.

I have had Sirius for over 3 years. Other vehicle has XM (had it since March 07). The "talk" shows pretty much are available on both services. I have a very wide, eclectic taste in music and the offerings on XM don't compare to Sirius.

The read Orbitcast.com daily (website for strictly satellite radio). There have been several discussion/articles about this and the general consensus is that there will NOT be an integrated receiver at this time. The major thing the two companies are working on is the pricing and channel selections available for the different "ala carte" offerings they will have for each service.

I have had Sirius for over 3 years. Other vehicle has XM (had it since March 07). The "talk" shows pretty much are available on both services. I have a very wide, eclectic taste in music and the offerings on XM don't compare to Sirius.

Thanks for the solid help on this. I guess I should just relax and enjoy the sirius.....thanks again

Yer the Man!!

:)

I am very interested in purchasing a 2008 Lincoln MXK. I see that Ford has aligned themselves with Sirius. I am an XM subscriber and find that XM is heads above Sirius in content. Is there any way to replace the Sirius tuner with an XM tuner? If not, this is a deal breaker because XM is the only way to go as far as I am concerned.

I am very interested in purchasing a 2008 Lincoln MXK. I see that Ford has aligned themselves with Sirius. I am an XM subscriber and find that XM is heads above Sirius in content. Is there any way to replace the Sirius tuner with an XM tuner? If not, this is a deal breaker because XM is the only way to go as far as I am concerned.

Really? One of my other cars has XM and I tell you...very disappointed in XM. Even the selection of music on some of the channels I listen to...very weak. The "DJs' aren't that great either.

But..hey..to each his/her own. Since the "premium" is standard, you have to get it. You will just have to go with after market.

Really? One of my other cars has XM and I tell you...very disappointed in XM. Even the selection of music on some of the channels I listen to...very weak. The "DJs' aren't that great either.

But..hey..to each his/her own. Since the "premium" is standard, you have to get it. You will just have to go with after market.

Yes, XM is far superior to Sirius in my opinion. The Decades channels alone is worth it. Can't find anything similar to that with Sirius. Don't really care about DJs. If I wanted that I would have stayed with FM. I am so glad I made the change to XM. I thought that I would have to probably purchase Sirius then change out the tuner. The dealer couldn't answer me on this one.

There is probably an aftermarket solution using the aux input on the factory stereo. It just won't be as integrated and easy to use as the factory Sirius set up. Maybe once the merger is approved, if it is approved, they can combine the two services so we can get the best of both services on both systems. They should be able to add more chanels on XM to add the Sirius channels, and on Sirius to add the XM channels. The let popularity weed them out or down over time. I prefer Sirius also, but have friends who swear by XM, so it is great we have a choice.

• 2 weeks later...

This car isn't for you. I mean, it doesn't have the XM, and that right their is a deal breaker, + it's got those bad brakes, and the engine is just underpowered and won't be delivering the mileage your looking for.

Best to go look at that Lexus. it's exactly what your looking for.

it's too bad you're passing on a great deal like the mkx because of the radio service!

the sirius radio channel selections are better as long as you don't get a red or black mkx ...

XM is so, SO, much better, the channel layout, the reception, the hit's stations, all winners in my opinon, needless to say Sirius will not be renewed, I can only listen to one station, the hits station(CH1), I heard they released a new one, but I'm not sure on where that one is, not that I really care, Sirius cuts like a sprint phone.

AUX jack is in heavy use, my XM is there now. :yahoo: Tacky, but I manage.

This car isn't for you. I mean, it doesn't have the XM, and that right their is a deal breaker, + it's got those bad brakes, and the engine is just underpowered and won't be delivering the mileage your looking for.

Best to go look at that Lexus. it's exactly what your looking for.

07 so you admit that the MKX has bad brakes. I was only quoting what I have been reading in the reviews. Didn't know that was a fact. Underpowered engine? I didn't say it was underpowered. You should get your facts straight. No thanks on the Lexus, I don't like it but thanks for telling me your opinion on what car to buy even though I never asked for it.

And XM is better than Sirius for all the reasons that CreamEdge stated.