Ordering - What happens if new incentives are released?

Tink83

Okay, so I'm hoping but not holding my breath for an increased incentive on the '08 Edge. If I place an order now and a new incentive is released before delivery, will I get it or is my price locked in when I order?

I was going to purchase an '07 to take advantage of the better incentive, but the Homelink, power lift gate, and possibly White Sand paint are singing their siren song to me... :shades:

Since you asked about incentives - you will be eligible for applicable incentives at delivery, not when ordered. If your vehicle order was put in as retail, they will usually be price protected (MSRP) at the price level in effect when the order was placed in the Ford system. Stock orders would not be price protected as I understand it

It took me over 5 months to get a vehicle I oredered in '05. When it arrived, the window sticker even had my name on it from the factory.

During that time, the price had increased. I didn't get the price of , when it was ordered. it was the delivery price. I didn't get the incentives of when I walked in to order. I got the incentives of what was current when the sales papers were signed.

Their sales papers. Unless your paying for it in full when you order, you get the price when you drive it home.

Usually the deals in December get a little better because of Christmas, when people are not usually buying cars. In years past December is when the first set of decent lease deals pop up. Since our Edge is to be built next week and to arrive the week of December 10th, we will be dealing with whatever December brings. I figure it will be no worse than November and hopefully a little better. I guess we will see in a few weeks! Maybe the Christmas 50% off sale!?!

;)

Maybe the Christmas 50% off sale!?!

;)

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :yahoo: Hey, I can dream, can't I? :D Actually, I was thinking along the same lines as you - that December may bring at least a little bump in incentives over this month.

Grey mentioned price protection for retail orders. Would my dealer be able to tell me if I'm price protected or not?

I ordered my new Edge AWD Limited in October and it is due in December.

How do I know if the dealer is giving me ALL the available incentives?? :wacko:

Is there anywhere I can go (Web Page) that lists all the available incentives on each model and year??

IT would be great is there was a Forum added that was kept up to date with all Ford Incentives ????

Edited by Fuelcell

I ordered my new Edge AWD Limited in October and it is due in December.

How do I know if the dealer is giving me ALL the available incentives?? :wacko:

Is there anywhere I can go (Web Page) that lists all the available incentives on each model and year??

IT would be great is there was a Forum added that was kept up to date with all Ford Incentives ????

The only incentives you are eligible for are the retail customer cash back and any special incentives that might be offered to special groups like associations, special mailings, prior customers coming off lease etc. There may be other incentives for dealers and their sales personnel and final pay "moneys" that help the dealer sell the units. Many of these incentives vary by market, so what might be in Atlanta, might not be in Reno. Local Advertising funds often create special considerations. Even dealers have to research every deal to make sure they have claimed all the available incentives.

Edited by Grey

I'll confirm that my incentives were applied at delivery, not at ordering. I ordered my '08 Edge on 20 Oct, when there were no rebates etc., only my X-Plan pricing discount. It arrived on 10 Nov, and I received a $500 instant cash back rebate at that time. Drove my new Edge straight to the bank and cashed the check! :happy feet: