2008 FWD rattle in left rear wheel

neartheedge

Has anyone noticed a rattle (sounds like small rocks) in left rear wheel? I could not hear it at first because interior is so quiet but noticed noise when I rolled window down going at slower speed. Any ideas? Thanks.

'08 Vapor Silver Limited FWD

Yes!!!

That is strange...I hear the same thing, I noticed it while backing out of my garage, it was echoing in there. I called Ford, and I told them to check it out. Told them it almost sounded like a rock stuck in my rim somewhere.

Wonder what this is...

Very surprised now knowing someone else is hearing the same exact noise...Left rear wheel...

I have a 2008 White Sand w/ 20's

I am taking it to Ford in the morning!

Edited by npggirl

Yes!!!

That is strange...I hear the same thing, I noticed it while backing out of my garage, it was echoing in there. I called Ford, and I told them to check it out. Told them it almost sounded like a rock stuck in my rim somewhere.

Wonder what this is...

Very surprised now knowing someone else is hearing the same exact noise...Left rear wheel...

Keep me informed. We are going away for Thanksgiving so I cannot take it in before next week. Other than that I'm really enjoying the car...how about you?

'08 Vapor Silver Limited FWD - 20s, also (Hmmmm......could that be it?)

Yes!!!

Wonder what this is...

I think it is the chrome clad wheels creaking. I think there's another thread on the subject.

It doesn't sound like a creak........more like small rocks rattling.

I am LOVING it! That lil sound is making me crazy though. Now that I know it is there, I am always listening for it.

I will keep you informed.

They are installing my dvd headrests and remots start tomorrow, so I told them to check the tire noise.

and, I would not say it is the chrome clad creaking...It really sounds like a rock falling around in there when moving...

I am LOVING it! That lil sound is making me crazy though. Now that I know it is there, I am always listening for it.

I will keep you informed.

They are installing my dvd headrests and remots start tomorrow, so I told them to check the tire noise.

and, I would not say it is the chrome clad creaking...It really sounds like a rock falling around in there when moving...

Roll it slowly up and down your drive and listen...

Not to alarm you or anything, but I once had my tires rotated. I got less than 2 miles away and the left rear wheel passed me as I was going down the highway.

The grease monkey didn't put the lug nuts back on that wheel.

If your sure where it's coming from, have someone walk beside you to verify, and pull the wheel off to see if you can find the problem.

Be glad yours is white. the red and black have now got major problems.

Roll it slowly up and down your drive and listen...

Not to alarm you or anything, but I once had my tires rotated. I got less than 2 miles away and the left rear wheel passed me as I was going down the highway.

The grease monkey didn't put the lug nuts back on that wheel.

If your sure where it's coming from, have someone walk beside you to verify, and pull the wheel off to see if you can find the problem.

Be glad yours is white. the red and black have now got major problems.

Ahhh yes, those darned red and black ones...

I have heard all about those...

*nods*

:poke:

No new update yet on the tire situation. When they installed all of my other things, they said they could not hear the noise in the tire. After the Holidays my Edge will go right back to the dealership because the noise is still there! I will ask of of them to ride with me, and I will be sure to point it out!

Will update when I can...

No new update yet on the tire situation. When they installed all of my other things, they said they could not hear the noise in the tire. After the Holidays my Edge will go right back to the dealership because the noise is still there! I will ask of of them to ride with me, and I will be sure to point it out!

Will update when I can...

Any updates on the wheel noise?

Yes!!!

Wonder what this is...

Have you learned anything about the popping noise in left rear tire? I have not taken mine in yet. I forget about it because when the windows are up, I don't hear it

Have you learned anything about the popping noise in left rear tire? I have not taken mine in yet. I forget about it because when the windows are up, I don't hear it

Hi there....Actually, I have listened to it, and had a few others listen to it, and if you will ask someone to listen to the passenger side, the noise comes from there also...

My friends and I have come to a possible conclusion...we think it is the chrome clad wheels making the noise...

See if you think the same...see if you can hear it from all sides....

I think it is the chrome clad popping...making some noises....Not sure why though!

Hi there....Actually, I have listened to it, and had a few others listen to it, and if you will ask someone to listen to the passenger side, the noise comes from there also...

My friends and I have come to a possible conclusion...we think it is the chrome clad wheels making the noise...

See if you think the same...see if you can hear it from all sides....

I think it is the chrome clad popping...making some noises....Not sure why though!

:shades: I hate to be the one to say it but, I told you so. Mine starts creaking when I open the garage door and the cold air hits the wheels. I can live with it. Gives it character.

:shades: I hate to be the one to say it but, I told you so. Mine starts creaking when I open the garage door and the cold air hits the wheels. I can live with it. Gives it character.

Yes you certainly did...But at first it did sound more like...a rock, or something...

But the more I listened, and got others to listen...it is coming from all 4 tires...

Wonder why....

Yeah, definately gives it character...lol

• 4 weeks later...
My new '08 with 20's is doing the same thing. Creaking in all four wheels but my worst one is the front left. Any luck getting this fixed so far?

Nope...I am thinking there is no fix...it is the chrome clad wheels...

but...tis okay. Just go fast through a drive through window, that way the noise is not heard...*lol*

• 4 weeks later...