Lumbar only on driver seat?!?!?!?

We recently took the Edge on a road trip. It was all great EXCEPT for not having the lumbar on the passenger seat. I didnt really notice it until the hubby and I switched seats and I let him drive (scary) LOL! My back got to aching and I was not too happy. He has a 03 Mustang and both seats have power lumbar. Then you get in the expensive a$$ Edge and they have MANUAL lumbar ?!?!?!?!?! AND only on the driver side? I dont get it. Anyone else noticed this or had any issues with it?

We recently took the Edge on a road trip. It was all great EXCEPT for not having the lumbar on the passenger seat. I didnt really notice it until the hubby and I switched seats and I let him drive (scary) LOL! My back got to aching and I was not too happy. He has a 03 Mustang and both seats have power lumbar. Then you get in the expensive a$$ Edge and they have MANUAL lumbar ?!?!?!?!?! AND only on the driver side? I dont get it. Anyone else noticed this or had any issues with it?

It's not just Ford, not many car manufacturers offer lumbar support for passenger seats. My friend has a new Infiniti and there is no lumbar support on the passenger seat (only drivers) same was true for my Maxima...only driver's side. Mustangs NEED lumbar support for ALL seats; so uncomfortable...same for the Ford Lightning; my husband's truck seats are terribly uncomfortable.

Want some cheese with that whine?? Take some Midol. You'll feel better soon. Also, next time you go car shopping, make sure you check out everything on the car you are interested in. I spent a total of 4-5 hours driving and trying out everything, every control, every function before I was satisfied. This wasn't all in one day, it was over a couple of weeks. Once I was aware of the pluses and minuses, I was satisfied, and ordered my Edge with exactly what I wanted. I knew what I was getting, and what I was not getting. By the way, do you know Sweetie6116?

Edited by The_Edgeinator

Want some cheese with that whine?? Take some Midol. You'll feel better soon. Also, next time you go car shopping, make sure you check out everything on the car you are interested in. I spent a total of 4-5 hours driving and trying out everything, every control, every function before I was satisfied. This wasn't all in one day, it was over a couple of weeks. Once I was aware of the pluses and minuses, I was satisfied, and ordered my Edge with exactly what I wanted. I knew what I was getting, and what I was not getting.

You got ANOTHER E-mail account?

:soapbox: You seriously need to get over your "God" complex. I can tell your a male with an ego problem and probably dont have very many friends. Only a male would have a name like yours thinking it is cool.

Since you are SO interested, I will tell you that I DID do my homework on this vehicle before I bought it. I am not gonna go drop cash on a car I dont like. I went further than a few weeks, I took several months and was FULLY aware of what I was getting.

That is the whole point of this forum isnt it? To talk about your Edge, likes and dislikes. If you dont like what I have to say, than simply dont respond. Jus keep on scrolling to the next topic. :backtotopic:

And no I dont know Sweetie whoever. I do know who you are talking about though. I saw where she got ran off from here by jerks like you. I am a big girl and can handle it. This computer isnt my life.

To all others reading this, im so sorry you have to put up with this crap. I do tolerate it though. :spiteful:

:soapbox: You seriously need to get over your "God" complex. I can tell your a male with an ego problem and probably dont have very many friends. Only a male would have a name like yours thinking it is cool.

Since you are SO interested, I will tell you that I DID do my homework on this vehicle before I bought it. I am not gonna go drop cash on a car I dont like. I went further than a few weeks, I took several months and was FULLY aware of what I was getting.

That is the whole point of this forum isnt it? To talk about your Edge, likes and dislikes. If you dont like what I have to say, than simply dont respond. Jus keep on scrolling to the next topic. :backtotopic:

And no I dont know Sweetie whoever. I do know who you are talking about though. I saw where she got ran off from here by jerks like you. I am a big girl and can handle it. This computer isnt my life.

To all others reading this, im so sorry you have to put up with this crap. I do tolerate it though. :spiteful:

I will only interject one thing about your post Sweetie wasn't exactly run off by anybody. She (and I learned this about her from another Edge board) is/was incredibly full of herself and had zero sense of humor. Wayyyyy too serious. She took EVERYTHING personally.

I'm sure you have experience from other message boards (if not, my apologies in the assumption) that there are all kinds of people around.

Just have fun here..don't sweat the small stuff.

I dont know all about her exactly. I saw a few things she posted and swore to never come back, which I find silly. I do agree that people take things too seriously. I jus get so sick of reading all the crap arguments that go on on these forums. But I guess, like you say, they are everywhere. I am on here to have fun and learn things I didnt know about my Edge. :shift: Very interesting posts at times, but all in all I love this forum. :rockon:

She came back.. who couldn't.. even 007 did. time after time after time....

You came back... Edgy Girl use to write a lot, and she still pops in..

It's growing bigger and bigger now,, and a lot of the same questions are getting posted a lot. I guess it's just easier to get an answer if you flat out ask it, rather than think and use the search function now. I myself have to remember that one and just let it go.

I just find it funny now, when someone says a deal breaker is 1: NO XM and 2: Sync doesn't match the color of their cell phone.

I'd be more concerned if the color was suitable to the pocket-purse dog, than anything else. Well except the Red ones.

Really a LOT of vehicles are at or in the 30's, so the Edge isn't that expensive. It is to you, because it's your money.

Here is what most people just do not realize. Ford does offer just about everything you want. But not everything at the price points you want them at.

So lets take those seats for example. Basic seat to top of the line seat. I'm thinking over 15+K difference to move up. Here is what I noticed in '00 with an Explorer. Your options were, Explorer, Mercury Mariner, Explorer Eddie Bauer and then Explorer Limited. Each different level got you different options and refinements. If you mention anything like this while shopping, the sales people will steer you towards exactly what you may be looking for. You have 4 kids, they would steer you towards a different vehicle. All thou some are putting them in the back on weathertech mats, and I applaud that.

When I saw what the Lincoln started at. That was enough right there for me to look further into it. So you can still add another 9K onto that and max it out too. I have yet to figure out how to adjust those lumbars... are they to be soft or hard? or what? But I do know one thing that makes it worth it. Once you sit on a seat that is cooling you down, you will probably never want to sit on anything else. Same in the winter for heating you up.