Mileage Impression

PaulSchott

I have a 2007 SEL FWD. I have been getting a rock steady 19 MPG since I own it, around 4 months. The car has 85,000 miles on it and hasn't had a single problem since I got it.

The last time I filled it up I reset the trip and average MPG. This week I am leaving the display set on average MPG. I find that if I keep an eye on mileage I can increase the numbers. I live in Connecticut and drive about 25 miles in each direction. The trip is very hilly and kills economy very quickly. I use back roads on my trip home instead of the main road. Nicer ride and actually less stops on the back roads. I have increased from about 19.2 MPG to 20.7

For a large vehicle I think it does much better than I expected when I bought it. My wife's 2002 Grand Cherokee averages 15 MPG and it is a 4.0 6 cyl. It is larger and still very cramped inside.

Oh yeah, can someone tell me if I'm correct in assuming that 1500rpm @ about 40 mph is in 5th gear. I know the rpms are about the same on the highway moving at 60.

Edited by PaulSchott
  • Like 1

Thanks for the shift point chart. I hear members complaining that the trans doesn't respond quickly enough. I'm not sure if my computer was ever updated but I find the trans always in the correct gear and will respond quickly to changes in driving.

So far I think this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I hope it stays that way.

I still won't give up the Jeep, The winters in CT are snowy and the Edge is FWD. Oh well I won't have any PTO problems.