New to me 2011 SEL AWD

H2osprt

Hello,

Just picked up a very clean 2011 AWD SEL for my wife. Its got everything we wanted and more! The my fordsync seems a bit complicated but I think we've figured most of it out. The only thing I was shocked about was the lack of a garage door opener! I figured with all the "Extras" on this car (Leather, back up cam, seat heaters, AWD, power rear fold seat etc,) it would have a sily garage door opener :)

Anyhow, I've been lurking on this forum for the last few weeks prior to buying the edge. Thanks for all the information!

Only thing left to decide is to buy the Ford ESP or not. Mine is a CPO so its coverd for the next 4 years and about 75K miles. But I'm a little worried about the other stuff. Dealer offered premium care 7/100k for $1350...

Welcome & congrats on your '11 SEL! Have fun with the MFT :) What color did you go with?

How much mileage on the 2011 now, and how much do you anticipate putting on it yearly? Are you putting away money in a kitty for unexpected repairs? Are you a regular maintenance fanatic? Then you likely do not need the Ford ESP. But if you do want the extended warranty, the Ford ESP is likely your best bet (online dealer like Flood Ford).

Welcome & congrats on your '11 SEL! Have fun with the MFT :) What color did you go with?

How much mileage on the 2011 now, and how much do you anticipate putting on it yearly? Are you putting away money in a kitty for unexpected repairs? Are you a regular maintenance fanatic? Then you likely do not need the Ford ESP. But if you do want the extended warranty, the Ford ESP is likely your best bet (online dealer like Flood Ford).

Thanks! The color is White Platinum Met Tri coat, it has 24K miles on it and it will get less than 10,000 miles a year. Looks and drives like a brand new car. I do follow maintenance schedules to the T, I'm more worried about the electronic than anything else.

The Homelink or Universal Garage Opener can pretty easily be added. You can either find the module on eBay or a junk yard and install it into your visor, or you can find the complete visor and install that. May be a topic on the Edge forum, but if not, very common post over on some of the other Ford forums. Just Google or search for addHomelink to Ford. Here are the results for the Edge and the Explorer. The Explorer forums have more posts and info.

https://www.google.com/search?q=add+homelink+to+ford+edge&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=ford+edge+homelink

https://www.google.com/search?q=add+homelink+to+ford+edge&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=ford+explorer+homelink&revid=1654082398