Rim Suggestions

scoutchris

Alright guys. I've never put rims on anything, but my metallic white platinum edge is begging for some black rims. THe only thing is that I want to keep the tires that are currently on my 18" chrome clad rims. That means finding good looking 18 inch black rims that fit a 2010 Edge. Obviously, I've done a tin of research, but I'm not sure what width the current wheels are, what width I should go with, what offset, etc... I've been looking hard at the Moda MD14, ironically enough not because of the cheap price, but I love the way they look. My main concern is that I don't want them to stick out of the well at all. I am also torn on flat or gloss. Or two tone, etc....

What say you, edge community? I'm open to all advice and suggestions.

I'm also looking for a set of Sport taillights if anyone has any recommendations of vendors or means to acquire them!

Thanks!!!

Like I said in the previous post, I clearly have been to tirerack and have done that as I am looking at the MD14. I went back however and have not been able to find where you found the information for the factory chrome clad wheels. The bolt pattern is easy enough, but I cannot find the factory offset or backspacing. Or the factory width. But thanks for the info. Like I said, I was wondering if anyone had real world experience as what the interwebs describe and what actually happens has been known to differ.

America's Tire has the same feature with some different brands of wheels. I went with them because the had a descent price on TSW wheels and have a store close to where I live. If you buy from Tire Rack, they have a list of shops nearby where you live, that the wheels can be shipped to directly and installed. Either way it works pretty good, I've bought from both.

I'm not sure what you are not understanding, but I grasp the fact that the factory wheels are 18" in diameter. I had no clue what the other parameters would do to the look of the vehicle, and although the diameter of the wheel is listed, the other information is not, besides the bolt pattern. Anyway, thanks for the help, I guess there isn't much feedback on here about aftermarket 18" wheels.

And I'm not sure what you're not seeing. The backspacing and offset are clearly shown on each wheel and tirerack says these wheels will fit the Edge. If you want your aftermarket 18" wheels to fit the same way as the stock OEM 18" wheels then you need to find ones with similar width, offset and backspacing to the ones shown.

I can't make it any clearer.

wheels.jpg

1010tires.com has a decent offset calculator if you're looking to match your originals. As long as you know the width and offset of both rims. Those rims are nice.

Motegi MR116 - Black/Red Stripe - I think they go up to 18s - Some don't care for the red stripe

Dub Push s110 Black - They can get pretty big, depends if you like that many spokes

Thanks for the reply Phil! I've been looking hard at those Motegis, but I just can't get past that red stripe. I'm halfway between loving or hating it. I like the dubs too, but after trying to find as many pictures as possible, I think I want a lower spoke count in the 18" diameter. If I was going larger I would entertain those.

This may seem like a lot of work but I believe the results would look great.

Get the Motegi MR120 in chrome. Plastidip the centers in black. Leave the lip in chrome. Or write a bigger check for the BBS CH model which is already finished in black centers with a machined lip. There are probably other manufacturers that offer the same color scheme. Those two just came to mind because I've seen them up close. They look great.

The BBSs are just a bit on spendy side.