Compass and Outside Temp?

droth33

I have been living the last 4 years with no integrated compass and outside temp displays on my 2005 Escape Limited. I am planning to buy an 2008 Edge with Nav and Sync......probably a Limited..............

I just went through the Edge brochure and could find no mention of compass or outside temp display......

Does a loaded Edge have these displays?

• 7 months later...

Ok, I know this was asked by the OP and I saw the notes but I still couldn't figure out by the answers about where I look to find the outside temp displayed.

I have only had my EDGE one day and haven't gotten though all the instruction books yet.

I have questions about the navi too, but I'll ask those later.

My new ride

2008 WhiteSand - Stone interior Limited

20in rims, Navi, Synk, Satalite

Back Head Rest DVD's didn't ask for these they were just there

Vista Sun Roof, Tow package, Parking Assitant

Auto liftgate, sweet. I lost my auto opening doors on my van to get the auto liftgate very happy with that part

I came from driving a 2000 windstar SEL with about everything you could get for that year...

Edited by serrington

Ok, I know this was asked by the OP and I saw the notes but I still couldn't figure out by the answers about where I look to find the outside temp displayed.

I have only had my EDGE one day and haven't gotten though all the instruction books yet.

I have questions about the navi too, but I'll ask those later.

My new ride

2008 WhiteSand - Stone interior Limited

20in rims, Navi, Synk, Satalite

Back Head Rest DVD's didn't ask for these they were just there

Vista Sun Roof, Tow package, Parking Assitant

Auto liftgate, sweet. I lost my auto opening doors on my van to get the auto liftgate very happy with that part

I came from driving a 2000 windstar SEL with about everything you could get for that year...

Hi serrington. :D Do you have the Manual HVAC or the Automatic Temperature Control HVAC system on your Edge? If you have the Manual System, you do not have an outside temperature readout. If you have the ATC System, look for the "EXT" button on your HVAC control unit. press it once and it will display the exterior temperature, press it again and it will display the interior temperature. Currently, it can only display one readout at a time.

Also, as the Owners Manual mentions, the exterior temperature reading is more accurate when the vehicle in moving. When the vehicle is sitting still, the temperature will normally read higher than it should, due to radiant heat from the road/driveway/surroundings.

And for anyone wondering: No, the sensor is not affected by the "wind chill factor" when moving. Inanimate objects are not affected by wind chill.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi serrington. :D Do you have the Manual HVAC or the Automatic Temperature Control HVAC system on your Edge? If you have the Manual System, you do not have an outside temperature readout. If you have the ATC System, look for the "EXT" button on your HVAC control unit. press it once and it will display the exterior temperature, press it again and it will display the interior temperature. Currently, it can only display one readout at a time.

Also, as the Owners Manual mentions, the exterior temperature reading is more accurate when the vehicle in moving. When the vehicle is sitting still, the temperature will normally read higher than it should, due to radiant heat from the road/driveway/surroundings.

And for anyone wondering: No, the sensor is not affected by the "wind chill factor" when moving. Inanimate objects are not affected by wind chill.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thank you very much exactly what I was looking for I have dual auto and didn't notice that button, I'll check that out. Yes I understand about the differences in the actual vers what is recorded, it is close enought for me.

Thanks again.

SE