Launch Date

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enlighten us with a few more palpable details..

The OAC will have to shut down when the energy workers implement their plan to withdraw their labour. In a ballot, 95 percent of the members voted favourably for industrial action. The enrgy component of the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada achieves change through paralyzing strikes. Recently, the communication sector of large union, CEP coordinated a four-month-long strike against Bell Canada earlier this year.

Collated insights on the fated job action at the OAC

There is a teensy buzz about the when of it all, much of which inspires much tongue wagging. Since feeling is bad, 'soon' is the put-up date and time of the planned action, though not taken lightly. Perhaps it's underway yet. Still, the struggle continues with no intention of giving up. Even the MediaUnion CEP-ers are tight-lipped at best. Surely there will be lots of news-driven speculation once the solidarity picketers and their supporters turn out in force. No lie, there will be inter-national coverage of this local event.

But here's a coup for all my sheath-peeling, wire-pulling, terminal-crimping comrades! Someone dropped round a circular that outlines your noshing around time with CEP members, oh joy! Should one pop up to London in a fortnight, they might just quiz those CEP attendees at the Seminar on Large Power System Failures - World Energy Council.

http://www.worldenergy.org/wec-geis/public...s/lpsf/lpsf.asp

The extent, anticipated duration and repercussions of the foreshadowed Edge dispute should be clearer for you then.

Further, many CEP energy experts, participating in the 'Redundancy and Human Factors' workshop are to be available during next year's 20th world energy congress - Rome2007

http://www.rome2007.it/

Perchance, that is all one meight really know with certainty. Perchance some forum lurcher might chime in with more?

Collated insights on the fated job action at the OAC

There is a teensy buzz about the when of it all, much of which inspires much tongue wagging. Since feeling is bad, 'soon' is the put-up date and time of the planned action, though not taken lightly. Perhaps it's underway yet. Still, the struggle continues with no intention of giving up. Even the MediaUnion CEP-ers are tight-lipped at best. Surely there will be lots of news-driven speculation once the solidarity picketers and their supporters turn out in force. No lie, there will be inter-national coverage of this local event.

But here's a coup for all my sheath-peeling, wire-pulling, terminal-crimping comrades! Someone dropped round a circular that outlines your noshing around time with CEP members, oh joy! Should one pop up to London in a fortnight, they might just quiz those CEP attendees at the Seminar on Large Power System Failures - World Energy Council.

http://www.worldenergy.org/wec-geis/public...s/lpsf/lpsf.asp

The extent, anticipated duration and repercussions of the foreshadowed Edge dispute should be clearer for you then.

Further, many CEP energy experts, participating in the 'Redundancy and Human Factors' workshop are to be available during next year's 20th world energy congress - Rome2007

http://www.rome2007.it/

Perchance, that is all one meight really know with certainty. Perchance some forum lurcher might chime in with more?

So, you guys are dicussing striking right when the Edge and MKS is slated to be built? That's not good. I've already extending my lease two months and was willing to extend it another 2-3 months waiting for my Edge order. However, this really messes up a lot. Not to mention I turned down three deals from competing auto makers because I opted to order the edge.

Bill

Audiomidiman, Don't listen to walktheline B.S! He's talking about the old power house that hasn't been used in years! Cep union is not affiliated with the CAW whatsoever. CEP are the guys that use to run the power house.

Your Edge will be in your driveway soon enough. :shift:

Audiomidiman, Don't listen to walktheline B.S! He's talking about the old power house that hasn't been used in years! Cep union is not affiliated with the CAW whatsoever. CEP are the guys that use to run the power house.

Thanks... I was a little confused when they mentioned "PoWER HOUSE".

Bill

How are any of you ordering your Edge and even getting production dates? I went to my dealership, gave them all of the codes and options that I wanted, they then put it into the computer. Then they told me that Ford wasn't taking any "official" orders until pricing has been released. If any of you could clue me into this I would appreciate it. My Explorer lease is up Nov. 1st and I figured I'd have to extend it a little but any info would help!! Thanks!

How are any of you ordering your Edge and even getting production dates? I went to my dealership, gave them all of the codes and options that I wanted, they then put it into the computer. Then they told me that Ford wasn't taking any "official" orders until pricing has been released. If any of you could clue me into this I would appreciate it. My Explorer lease is up Nov. 1st and I figured I'd have to extend it a little but any info would help!! Thanks!

Ford's been taking orders since July. I ordered mine first week in August. Your dealership is not giving you correct information.

I called my dealership today and talked to the sales manager (My sales person is out today and the sales manager used to be my rep) about changing my SEL rims from 17" to 18" Painted and asked if mine had a build date yet. He said it was slated to be built in October.

Call your dealership and make sure that they have you in the system. Did they take a $100.00 refundable deposit?

Bill

Ford's been taking orders since July. I ordered mine first week in August. Your dealership is not giving you correct information.

I called my dealership today and talked to the sales manager (My sales person is out today and the sales manager used to be my rep) about changing my SEL rims from 17" to 18" Painted and asked if mine had a build date yet. He said it was slated to be built in October.

Call your dealership and make sure that they have you in the system. Did they take a $100.00 refundable deposit?

Bill

They do have me in the system, and didn't even mention anything about a deposit. I just saw pricing has been released and have a call into my salesperson. Thanks for the quick reply.

December sounds more like it. Anybody remember the original Windstar launch? It was to be October, then November, then December and on and on. It kind of dribbled to market. I guess there were a lot of delays back then that kept the product from the dealers.

We launched Windstar in May of 94.

CEP Union workers went on strike at 12:01 today, picket lines are at the enterance to Oakville Assembly Plant now, not sure if CAW members will cross the picket line.

edit to ad CH News Hamilton just reported that CAW members are hounoring the picket line and OPP spokesperson states traffic back up on Royal Windsor Drive.

CEP Union workers went on strike at 12:01 today, picket lines are at the enterance to Oakville Assembly Plant now, not sure if CAW members will cross the picket line.

edit to ad CH News Hamilton just reported that CAW members are hounoring the picket line and OPP spokesperson states traffic back up on Royal Windsor Drive.

So, my car may be delayed huh?

c'mon guys, for your neigbors to the south, keep us informed on what's going on. I don't understand all the players being discussed in the previous posts. If you're going to be doing nothing while on strike, at least post some info so we know what's happening. And by the way, hurry up and build my Edge. :P

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=969048863851

Unbelievable, I wonder if the "brothers" on strike will come and stand shoulder to shoulder with the oakville employees if this launch doesn't go well and they're out looking for jobs.

Sh*t... How long will this last? I might need to start shoppign for another brand.

Well here's an update....

All 3 gates were delayed. Waited approx 2hrs to cross line and get on site (walked in at 8:30am). Production was halted from 7am until 10:45am roughly. By 3:30pm we did manage to run off 30-40 units according to teletype numbers. All V-units of course.

We'll see what happens the rest of the week.

Dan

Attention News Editors:

CEP Press Release

CEP to Ford: let's talk!

OAKVILLE, Sept. 26 /CNW Telbec/ - The Ontario head of the Union

representing 16 striking Powerhouse and Water Treatment Operators at the Ford

Motor Company's Oakville assembly plant says there is only one way for the

company to resume normal production - start negotiating.

"Ford thinks they can push our people around just because we're small in

numbers," said Cec Makowski, Ontario Region Vice-President of the

Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada.

"But our members at Ford are not alone - they have the backing of all

150,000 CEP members from coast to coast -- and the sooner the company realizes

that, the sooner we can start working towards a solution to this strike," Mr.

Makowski said.

CEP national representative Zoran Grgar said the company has failed to

address the key issues of job security and pension funding in negotiation and

mediation talks which have taken place since the workers' last collective

agreement expired in November of 2005. CEP Local 2003 members struck at

12:01 a.m. Monday.

"We have told Ford that, in our view, the way to build a secure future

for our members and their families is to invest in a co-generation plant in

Oakville. It makes sense economically and environmentally," Mr. Grgar said.

Both union officials called upon Ford to return to the bargaining table

and address the key issues.

For further information: Zoran Grgar at (647) 219-1970 or Cec Makowski

at (905) 371-6297