People with MKX need your help

SIPOFA

Age guys, age. I aint old enough to have a Lincoln or a Buick. I like the sporty edge. And, whats funny about modding my Edge anyway???

I wasn't laughing at the fact you want to mod your Edge. I have Enkei wheels and Hankook 20's on mine so...

I was laughing at the way you worded your post. My mind was a bit in the gutter when I read it and found some of your statements amusing

Hello guys, I am fitting a MKX engine cover on my Edge and wanted to know the Length of your MKX oil cap. When I put the rubber in the hole and try to screw the Edge oil cap it doesn't fit. Thanks for the help.

Double entende' city.

High school bathroom humor...I know.

The 710 cap - oops turn it over -----OIL cap is 1 1/2 Inches deep - same as on the Edge.

The MKX has a 3 1/8" long plastic sleeve that goes doen into the valve cover that the OIL cap screws into.

I believe that this sleeve (and foam rubber gasket) is what you will need to install the cover and use your existing cap. I do not know if the valve cover is different - that would be a major swap out. Hopefully the sleeve screws into the valve cover and the cap screws into it. I presume the rubber gasket around the sleeve at the top keeps the cover from making noise.

Pardon my ignorance, but, why do you want an MKX engine cover on the engine of an Edge? What does this accomplish? Does it make the engine perform better? Maybe it fools the engine compartment into thinking it is in a Lincoln?? Are you going to change the grill, tail lights, lettering, and all that other stuff too??? What does age have to do with whether you own a Lincoln, Buick or whatever??

Just curious.

Sound Dampening? Let us know please, I am curious as well....