new member from wyoming/northern colorado

jiggie

Hi everyone!! im jonathan aka jiggie, and im new. Not only am i new to the fourm, but new to fords as well. I just bought my frist ford, and 07 edge sel premium fwd. Its got a butt ton of miles (168k) but we love it, and its got everything the limited has but the awd. We needed something bigger, and our saturn crapped out on us so this is what my mgr suggested we look at. I work for the local ford dealership, so they gave me a great deal on the edge. Im looking foward to learning more about the edge and fords ingeneral lol...hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and good weekend!

No pic :( Are you looking for aesthetic modifications, or for performance modifications? Tinting, adding LED lights, plastidipping chrome & wheels, are good and relatively easy starts to modding. Performancewise, you can add H&R lowering springs (or go air suspension), a K&N intake, a tune for the ECU, and catback exhaust.

First thing to do mechanically, would be the mundane ones: change spark plugs, PCV valve, air filter, oil/oil filter, transmission fluid and PTU fluid. PTU fluid is not so easy, but there is a writeup on adding a drain plug for that purpose.

Sorry can't get the pic to show up lol. I work at the Ford dealership so the trans and pcv were done by the previous owner about 20k ago. But will proly do again. Not sure what the ptu fluid is tho lol. As far as mods go untill spring comes ima stick to the led swaps, head and tail lights and some off road led lighting. I love the Vista roof but I need a roof top cargo carrier so that will cover most of it. :( I do plan on getting the sport 22 inch wheels and the exhaust and intake tho. But that will be this spring. I'd like to swap out my dinky hitch for the one off a newer edge tho.

Hi everyone!! im jonathan aka jiggie, and im new. Not only am i new to the fourm, but new to fords as well. I just bought my frist ford, and 07 edge sel premium fwd. Its got a butt ton of miles (168k) but we love it, and its got everything the limited has but the awd. We needed something bigger, and our saturn crapped out on us so this is what my mgr suggested we look at. I work for the local ford dealership, so they gave me a great deal on the edge. Im looking foward to learning more about the edge and fords ingeneral lol...hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and good weekend!

Congrats and welcome to the forum, jiggie!

My name is Tricia, and I am the Ford Service rep. I’ll be here if you have any questions or concerns. I just want to reiterate certain areas where I may not be able to add much assistance: older/high-mileage vehicles, details about future vehicles that aren’t yet made public, vehicle modifications, and questions/concerns about in-vehicle technology.

The next time your Edge is due for routine maintenance check here to save big. Then again, you work for Ford, so I’m sure the deals are pretty sweet!

Welcome again, and have a great day! :)

Tricia

• Like 1