MKX and Good Hands

sengland

I put this out here and got no response. I would like your opinion, this really concerns me. I can take a picture if it would help. These wires look like 3M connectors that you would clamp on a wire then plug in the wire going to what you would be powering, etc. I would think factory options would have a better harness than this.

Happy Holidays and thanks in Advance for your help.

SRE

I noticed several wires connected by Clamp on connectors and plugs. There are several wires located behind the removable panel right next to the Left Foot rest. This reminds me of when you add something, like a Hard Wired Radar detector, or a hands free phone system. I may not be describing this well, however some will understand.

I have never known Ford to wire something in a vehicle with add on wires. There is nothing added to my vehicle, Just the factory options.

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

SRE

Edited by sengland

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that post now, but I tried to search for it, using, dead pedal and , jumper wires, but can't find it. I remember it because I think it was the first time I heard dead pedal, and figured it out while reading about it.

If I remember correctly. You have a wiring harness, dropping down. above your left foot. In an area, that would be known as a deal pedal, Right of the fuse box location. Yes?

Steve? Can you post a direct link to that thread? Would be better to reply in it. But this will do, I'm already typing here about it now.

When I read it, I didn't remember if mine had that same problem or not. I pretty sure I had to shove that harness up, to get to the fuses once myself. It hasn't been a bother to me. I was thinking, you had written that you couldn't bend that harness up? Did you try really really hard? If it keeps falling back down too low, can you use a zip-tie? Or a ny-tye to try to hold it up? Is that what your referring to?

And to post privately to someone, just move your mouse over to some one's name and you'll get a drop down option to send a private message to them.

Once again, I'm sorry, I couldn't get it to come up in a search.

I can't figure out how to send you a message without posting on the board so please forgive my Hillbilly ignorance.

But please check my thread on Jumper wires by the dead pedal I need your opinion.

Hey seng...sorry for butting in, but I just thought I would let You know...Good_Hands is really busy today/tonight...But he should be able to get back with ya tomorrow....

Just wanted to let you know...

:)

Thanks for the info to all of you. Or should I say both of you. MKX that wiring harness has several jumper wires on it. The harness does get in the way and how I found it was the Fuse Block Door kept popping open so I investigated and found all these wires with 3M add on clamps and wires going to something.

My main concern isn't very valid, because all the options on the Vehicle, are on the Window Sticker, so Nothing was obviously added by a Dealer or such. I just have never seen Ford use this type of wiring. Normally it is in a loom and nicely tucked in somewhere. It just may be that in Final Inspection some things weren't working and they bypassed the problem with these add ons. No that can't be the case, they would have put a new Harness on, if that had happened. Shit I don't know why, and I guess it doesn't matter, because everything is working alright. I am not of the opinion that this type of wiring lasts well. I would bet that at some point in this vehicles life an electrical problem will come up from this.

Anyway I am rambling! And by the way don't let that Jerk get your dander up, you contribute way to many good things to this board to leave!!!

F'em, there are several that post just to be typing. If you do leave then make certain I get your e-mail address so I can stay in touch. I'll send mine to you in a personal Message.

Thanks for the response.

SRE

Edited by sengland

Hey seng...sorry for butting in, but I just thought I would let You know...Good_Hands is really busy today/tonight...But he should be able to get back with ya tomorrow....

Just wanted to let you know...

:)

Thanks boo!

You have no idea...pretty sad when there is so much going on that the only way to get some peace and quiet is to go to work.

I apologize here, I completely spaced this thread when I first read it.

Since you asked it in another post and some answers were given there, here is the link to that thread.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1721

I can't honestly answer your concern about the 3M connectors.. My Lincoln has been sitting about 30 miles away from me for over 6 weeks now. It would be easy for me to check this out for you now, considering, The COMPLETE INTERIOR OF IT HAS BEEN GUTTED! The only thing left untouched has been the seats, there still bolted down.

Doesn't matter to me very much anymore. I refuse to drive that '07 again. That MKX is history. I figured this was going to happen about about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday I activated the Lemon Law for the state I live in. At this time, I don't want to discuss my particulars in public on mine.