3.5l an interference or non-Interference engine

bapierce

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to it :)

I second that. I am getting ready to pull the motor out of my 2008 to replace it. Any advice or gotchas would be good to know. From your picture it looks like you were able to disconnect the AC compressor and leave it in place without discharging it is that correct?

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old topic but thought i could add information.  

I've got my 3.5L out and removed the timing chain before realizing i needed to rotate the engine to remove the flex plate bolts.  I absolutely ran into interference until i rotated the rear cam.  After rotating the cam i could rotate the crank just fine.

To me that is proof it's an interference engine. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this thread is quite old, but I was doing a timing chain and once I got to the manifold intake putting it back together didnt realize one screw felt inside the exhaust valve, anyways story short started my car and a valve bent on bank 2 easy since Its right there not on the back,  I managed to get the screw out with a magnet because it didn't fall thru. I was wondering could I just buy another 3.5L cylinder head Bank 2/left it comes with valves and and everything? Or would i still need to replace piston? The screw never fell thru! Thanks in advanced