Service Plan offered last July?

Biff215

Hi everyone-

When we bought our Edge back in July, there was some kind of deal going on that provided a complimentary service plan for 24,000 miles. Unfortunately, I can't find any paperwork about it from the dealer. I'm coming up on 5,000 miles, which I think is when we can get our first service. I'm taking it to a local dealer who I didn't buy it from, so I want to make sure I have everything together before heading over there.

Does anyone have any information on this plan? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

I don't know about the offer you got, but I do know that if it was a Ford Plan like quality maintance plan that it would be in your oasis report and any dealer can pull that info up and will honor it. If it was an aftermarket plan threw your dealership you most likely will have to go back to that dealer to

have the work done. Hope that helps some.

Hi everyone-

When we bought our Edge back in July, there was some kind of deal going on that provided a complimentary service plan for 24,000 miles. Unfortunately, I can't find any paperwork about it from the dealer. I'm coming up on 5,000 miles, which I think is when we can get our first service. I'm taking it to a local dealer who I didn't buy it from, so I want to make sure I have everything together before heading over there.

Does anyone have any information on this plan? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

I am in the same boat. Went to the dealer near my home,(not the one I bought

the car from), to ask about oil change intervals and such. They said "depends on

your plan". I'm going to call the dealer tommorow and find out whats up. I too

received no paperwork, which was my fault for not asking. But when you have

"new car fever" it's hard to remember everything.

I went to the local dealer today for service (not the dealer I bought the Edge from). They pulled the Oasis report, which did show the plan, but it said every 7,500 miles. I could have sworn it was 5,000 miles, but I have no way to prove it at this point. The guy was cool about it though and forced it through, which will just affect my next service.

Does anyone have any other information on the plan? I just want to verify that they signed me up for the right plan.

Thanks for your help!

I beileve that 7500 is the base plan and 5000 is the sevire duty plan. you can get the oil change done when ever you want, we do them at work all the time. You just need to know that you only get as many oil changes as what ever your plan expiration miles is divided by 7500 and thats it so if you go threw all of them before 30000 but the plan expires at 60000 you would have used them all so i wouldn't recommend doing that. hope you understood that, it came out kind of confusing.

I went to the local dealer today for service (not the dealer I bought the Edge from). They pulled the Oasis report, which did show the plan, but it said every 7,500 miles. I could have sworn it was 5,000 miles, but I have no way to prove it at this point. The guy was cool about it though and forced it through, which will just affect my next service.

Does anyone have any other information on the plan? I just want to verify that they signed me up for the right plan.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Biff215. :D "Normal" service intervals on the new 3.5 L engine in the Edge are 7,500 miles. Every 7500 you should change the oil/filter and rotate your tires.

Shorter than that (5,000 miles) would be the "Severe Duty" schedule, which you (and most others) should not need.

If someone did tell you 5,000 miles, it was probably an accidental slip, as up until the new 3.5 came out, the "Normal" service interval was 5,000 miles. But it is not any longer.

7500 miles is the "Normal" Service interval.

Good luck! :beerchug:

EDIT - druck52 got there first! :stats:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the info guys. I figured that 7,500 would make more sense, since that is what Ford calls for. My only problem with that is it's been almost 6 months and only 5,000 miles since we bought it. I guess I'm just hesitant to let it go any longer than that.

So now I completely messed up my maintenance schedule I guess, as I'll need to go back before 15,000 miles (which would be the next scheduled interval). Maybe I'll just pay for a oil change in between.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the info guys. I figured that 7,500 would make more sense, since that is what Ford calls for. My only problem with that is it's been almost 6 months and only 5,000 miles since we bought it. I guess I'm just hesitant to let it go any longer than that.

So now I completely messed up my maintenance schedule I guess, as I'll need to go back before 15,000 miles (which would be the next scheduled interval). Maybe I'll just pay for a oil change in between.

Thanks again for the help!

Hi again Biff215. :D The Ford recommended maintenance schedule is 7500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. When you hit 6 months, bring it in for the oil change.

Even if you don't drive 7500 miles every 6 months, the maintenance schedule still calls for the change. And if your Service Plan covers scheduled maintenance, it logically covers an oil change every 7500 miles/6 months.

I also do not drive less than 7500 every 6 months, so I just change the oil at 6 month intervals.

It is all spelled out in the Maintenance Schedule booklet.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi again Biff215. :D The Ford recommended maintenance schedule is 7500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. When you hit 6 months, bring it in for the oil change.

Even if you don't drive 7500 miles every 6 months, the maintenance schedule still calls for the change. And if your Service Plan covers scheduled maintenance, it logically covers an oil change every 7500 miles/6 months.

I also do not drive less than 7500 every 6 months, so I just change the oil at 6 month intervals.

It is all spelled out in the Maintenance Schedule booklet.

My plan says I get 3 oil changes in 2 years. I can get them at any mileage

I like. I plan on getting the first one at 3000 because the car will be 6

months old then. After that I'll play it by ear.