Navigation update?

I have a 2010 limited and the navigation on it has never been updated. I could buy an update disc for $149, but I was wondering if anyone know a place or a way to get the map updates for little to no cost?

If feel car companies take advantage of someone who PAID $900-1500 for a built in nav...

check out this thread

http://boards.synccommunity.com/discussions/Welcome_to_SYNC_Owner_to_Owner/_/_/fordsyncmb/8970.21

per thread search ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XA-5+navigation+card&_nkw=A-5+navigation+card&_sacat=0

or use a tom tom or garmin that has lifetime free updates

or use mobile app waze

or use app on phone - google, mapquest

do NOT pay the Insane $199/year to get "sync Services" for directions or send to sync feature

After I got my 09 MKX I looked around for a way to get by cheaper, ya just can't.

The DVD comes with a 16-character password specific to your unit's ESN, which you will need when you order. Can't even sell the disk on Ebay as installation on another radio would require a different, specific password for that radio. You get the password verbally at the time of order & in an email they followup with.

Did the latest update, version 7.0x, first time since new, picked up a few more roads than what I had - at least it doesn't show me driving out in the farm fields any longer (grin)

Biggest aid is having the POI's up to date, exp lodging, food and gas when traveling out of state.

As for what you get, you get two DVD's. First takes about two hours and car MUST be parked & running for the fist 5% of the install (can turn off or drive after that). Disk 2 takes about 1 hour and you can turn engine off or drive after 55% finished. After the map update is finished, you can also install the Gracenote update. Gracenotes take about 1/2 hour to install. (Can turn car off after 5%).

In all honesty, you probably already have (or can get) an excellent, free navigation map program on your smart phone. Updated as well. Just get a phone holder for your windshield and use it instead. We just got new Galaxy 5's and one of the first downloads on both me and my wife's cells was a navigation program. (Sometimes plan a trip from the easy chair).

• Like 1