New Member from Kansas City w/ EDGE SPORT AWD

bmac816

Hey yall, I'm extremely excited to join this Forum as I'm from the heartland - Kansas City.

I am an auto enthusiast and have been my whole life. I'm the kind of guy who buys a vehicle and makes it edgy (no pun intended :drool: ) With tasteful mods both exterior and interior, I make it a challenge to drive the cleanest ride of my kind in the area. I'm always looking for new attractive ways to enhance my ride by hearing your ideas and checking out your rides as well!

I just bought my 2011 Edge Sport AWD a few weeks ago with only 40k Miles. Panaramic sunroof and all. I've only owned Acuras my whole life and this Ford is making me a believer. I also own an Acura TL A-Spec and it's been the best 4 door luxuary sedan I've owned but I enjoy driving this Edge Sport even MORE! I originally bought this SUV for my wife but honestly, I may have to buy her something else because I'm obsessed with the Edge Sport!

Modifications already done:

- All LED interior lights

- LED License Plate Light and Backup LED lights

- I purchased LED Switchback lights for the front running/turn signals but have yet to install load resistors (no working properly without them)

- 20% front window tint and brow to match

- Red Powdercoated and EDGE engraved Aluminum caliper covers (front & rear)

- And WeatherTech floor mats and cargo mat for the back

Suggestion Needed:

1. Best 55W 6000k HID slim ballast headlight system you know of?

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post!

Welcome to the community, bmac, and congrats on the new addition to the family! C'mon post some pics of the Edge, along with the mods :) DDM and TRS offer the 2 most frequently installed/liked HID kits, but there are other good ones as well. With a 55W kit, you want a GOOD harness/relay with power coming straight from the battery, not via a fusebox. You can buy a DDM kit and install a TRS harness/relay, for instance.

Dan at drivebright.com (DTBL) has recently started offering HID kits for the 2011+ Edge also, worthy of consideration.

Welcome to the community, bmac, and congrats on the new addition to the family! C'mon post some pics of the Edge, along with the mods :) DDM and TRS offer the 2 most frequently installed/liked HID kits, but there are other good ones as well. With a 55W kit, you want a GOOD harness/relay with power coming straight from the battery, not via a fusebox. You can buy a DDM kit and install a TRS harness/relay, for instance.

Dan at drivebright.com (DTBL) has recently started offering HID kits for the 2011+ Edge also, worthy of consideration.

@TRMN8TR thanks!

@WWWPerfA_ZN0W I appreciate it! I will definitely post pictures soon - still trying to get the hang of this forum thing. Thanks for the suggestions I will check the video out! Cheers

Mounting brackets are helpful if you don't plan on velcroing the ballast to the vehicle. (Look around the forum for mounting ideas) They look like this:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bracket-Slim.Pair-of-Mounting-brackets-for-DDM-Ballasts

The HID harness should definitely be used, I hope they have improved quality though. TRS harnesses have proven pretty reliable if the DDM doesn't work out.