Two tone 3d Carbon on 22's

Hey guys, I am new on this forum but just wanted to post pics of my wifes Edge SEL AWD.

It has a two tone paint job, 3d Carbon body kit, 22" Lexani CS3 rims, Dunlop 265-35-22 tires, H&R Springs, Katzkin Leather and Suede interior, Weapon R Intake, and is in the process of getting a new stereo using Realm Audio equipment. Just tore out the Audiobahn stereo equipment after they cancelled their booth for SEMA and left me high and dry.

The 3d Carbon Kit fit is amazing. I have been building SEMA vehicles for 8 years now and have yet to find a kit that matches up so easily. The Katzkin Interior also went on like a glove.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Chris

post-1838-1198916087_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1198916113_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1198916134_thumb.jpg

post-1838-1198916151_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

The set i'm looking at will cost about $2,500 for the rims and tires, mounted and balanced.

You can spend less and you could spend more but for the exact set-up i want, this is basically what it's going to cost me.

By the way, the new '09 Ford Edge Sport comes with optional 22" wheels riding on 265/40/22 Pirellis. I've had tires with alot less rubber on them than that and have never felt like the ride was that rough. I have always found that lowering springs make more of a change to the ride of a vehicle than the tires. I see people here putting on 305 width tires and such but remember that this will play serious havoc with your speedometer readings. At 265/40/22, you are just over a 2% difference from stock which is fine. I have pushed it a little further in the past but don't recommend it. I had a Honda Civic when i was younger that had 225/35/19s on it. Given the stock 15s...that was pushing it.

There is alot of snow here now but i a couple months, i will have some pics up of my new 22s. Not bad when your winter wheels are 20s ;)

Hey guys, I am new on this forum but just wanted to post pics of my wifes Edge SEL AWD.

It has a two tone paint job, 3d Carbon body kit, 22" Lexani CS3 rims, Dunlop 265-35-22 tires, H&R Springs, Katzkin Leather and Suede interior, Weapon R Intake, and is in the process of getting a new stereo using Realm Audio equipment. Just tore out the Audiobahn stereo equipment after they cancelled their booth for SEMA and left me high and dry.

The 3d Carbon Kit fit is amazing. I have been building SEMA vehicles for 8 years now and have yet to find a kit that matches up so easily. The Katzkin Interior also went on like a glove.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Looks very nice, probably not the colors I would choose, but glad your wife likes it. Can we get some interior pictures? Would like to see the Katzkin leather and suede interior. Is it only the seats that get done. I would like to see someone add some leather or suede to the doors on the Edge. I am guessing you started with a camel interior.

I would also enjoy seeing some of the stereo upgrades. Especially if you added amps or a box. Where and how it was installed, etc.

Last question, is the edge as low to the ground as it looks? More like a Dodge Magnum? Looks more station wagony when it is lowered that much. The one picture showing the back sort of gives it a PT Cruiser type profile.

Clayton