What installation kit do I need for a double din?

I have a 2009 Limited, without Nav, but the standard radio with bluetooth and sync. I have the factory sub as well.

I want to retain the factory sub and speakers, I don't care about the Sync, USB port etc.

What do I need to install a new heaunit? (Wire harness, dash kit, antenna adapter?)

Can someone link me up, because last time I looked, I couldn't find anything specific to my Edge setup.

Can anyone chime in who has done this install before? I was about to order that $30 harness, then searched more and found out that that's only PART of it. I would also need a $150 module with it!

I don't care about keeping my steering wheel controls, just the factory sub and Id prefer the delayed accesory feature (where it stays on after I turn the key off)

This seriously can't be the only option, a $180 wire harness?!?!

7E142281-F765-4B79-841E-285CD687E862_zps

A9AF4EEB-0762-4869-8CBD-9E8105206C8B_zps

Scoshe doesn't ahve anything for wiring besides that $160 module, and antenna adapters. Metra had a whole slew of adapters when I type 2009 Ford Edge. I'm wondering if that 71-5520-1 and the sub adapter next to it would work? Those don't have a price of course but since they're basic harnesses I can't imagine over $30 for the pair.

I guess I'll have to be the Guinnea Pig here and try them out.

What you will need is the following depending on your radio size either the double din or single din mounting kit.

95-5812 DD

99-5812 SD

Wiring harness is XSVI-5521-NAV. Since you will be keeping the factory sub you will also need an AFDI-5v.

This piece lets you turn on the factory amp without the annoying 'pop'sound everytime. Regular amps take 12v to turn on but Ford amps only need 5v.

Last piece is the 40-CR10 antenna adapter.

Hope this helps you out!

• 3 weeks later...

WWWPerf- Thanks for that link, I swear I read that thread before but must've skimmed right over his part numbers. Looks like exactly what I need.

Mauricio- What's the deal with that harness being so expensive? It looks like it has the sub harness with that whole dongle. The link WWWPerf sent shows a double din install using a basic harness and does everything I need it to.

The only difference looks like that harness will retain the auto volume controls for speed as well as the light mute when the reverse sensors beep, which I don't need. (I can hear them plenty over the normal volume im listening to when parking)

I hate waiting on shipping! So far I'll have the harness, dash kit and adapters I need, as well as LEDs for a full conversion being shipped. Should be a fun weekend :-)