Electrical Issue? Door Ajar Light, Dim Dome Light At Times, etc

JeffRow

My wife has been having intermittent apparent electrical issues with her 2013 Edge. She frequently gets a door ajar warning when her door is closed. She has also noticed her dome light does not work or is dim at times.

I'm thinking it might be the switch in the door jam?

Any advice would be appreciated.

This vehicle has 70k miles so it's not under warrenty.

Thanks.

I found a fix in the following thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12199-2011-edge-limited-driver-door-ajar-issue/page-2?hl=+door%20+ajar%20+light

Can you tell me if this is the fix that works? I ask because I've read some threads that state not to use WD-40 but he uses it in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0fD8UAXLc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.

I found a fix in the following thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12199-2011-edge-limited-driver-door-ajar-issue/page-2?hl=+door%20+ajar%20+light

Can you tell me if this is the fix that works? I ask because I've read some threads that state not to use WD-40 but he uses it in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0fD8UAXLc&feature=youtu.be

The steps in the video should work because he actually exposes the sensor before cleaning it with compressed air then wd-40. You don't want to just spray it willy-nilly.

And even if it doesn't - you haven't lost anything other than a few minutes of time.

WD40 should not be used if you want a longer term fix. Electronics do not need oil lubrication, which is what WD40 provides. Use MAF sensor cleaner or electronics cleaner instead.

OK, I'll give that a try. So just follow the instructions in the video or are there other instructions I should follow?

• 3 months later...

Just signed up for the Edge forum today. I have been having this same problem on my 2013 Edge Limited. The bad thing is that we only have 38,000 miles on it and our warranty ended. To make matters worse, my wife talked to a regional manager with Ford that could help with after warranty issues and she was very rude to my wife. I have tried the Air/WD40 thing but it did not work. Looks like I will have to fork over a lot of money to get this fixed. It's real sad too because Ford has been having this problem for many years. It seems they would want to be a reputable company and own up to their problems.

Also, we have had problems with the back lift gate only going up about a foot and then closing as if it senses something in the way. And when we try to put it in park, it keeps saying "Shift to Park". I am starting to think that Ford no longer makes a quality vehicle. I am only 41 years old but at this point I cannot see buying myself, my wife or my kids a Ford vehicle ever with all the problems they have.

Edited by HomerunCC

I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited AWD with 95,000km. The drivers door alarm is acting up like the other members cars. Have tried the WD thingy with no real results. It has gotten so bad now that the alarm is always on. My main concern is the safety issue because the interior lights are on as well as the alarm. At night it is difficult to see because of the glare from the interior lights. Ford should, in good conscience, order a recall and authorize free repairs. I have contacted Ford of Canada but to date have had no reply. By the number of complaints on this and other sites, it looks like the car owner is on the hook for repairs. A real shitty deal and shame on Ford for not stepping up to the plate and taking ownership of this problem. "Quality is job 1" - what a crock!!!!!