18" premium painted aluminum wheels... not option on the Limited?

Lex Talionis

So, I am not a fan of the chrome 'clad' wheels. I think it is very cheap and wouldn't roll with them. As for dealer options, I really like the looks of the the "optional 18 premium painted aluminum wheels" (see here as the middle rim http://www.fordvehicles.com/util/uad/index...083&nType=2 ) BUT it seems they say that this is not even an 'option' on the Limited Edge, but only an option on the SEL.. this can't be totally true, no? Why could I not have any rim they offered on the Edge I want?

thanks.. I wonder if the 'painted' rims have a downside like the chrome 'clad' rims - given the chrome is just plastic glued to a rim underneath.

Yes, can you believe that they had the gall to spray something on that base AL.? Unbelievable isn't it. And it wasn't just one coat, they used 2 separate treatments.. Was that because the first one was defective? If I pay for Al. Wheels then that's all I want, Don't sell me AL. and then do something else to cover it up. If word of this gets out, then someone will start doing this to those soda pop cans.

I'm pretty sure you can have any rim. I thought I read a post where someone actually received a credit for going to the painted wheel. If you haven't asked a salesman, you could might want to give that a go.

correct... that is what happened. got the wheels I wanted plus a price credit and they took the wheels I hated and will put them on another car and mark that price up.