2007 Ford Edge vibration issue

Billy1125

hello my 2007 Ford Edge sel awd has a issue. I have a vibration in the floor and steering wheel. I've replaced the driver side wheel bearing because ford told me that was the issue. But it did not fix it. Any suggestions on what else I need to fix for this problem to go away? Also the vibration is at all speeds and when I turn left it goes away

How many miles on your Edge? Driver side wheel bearing was a good guess. Anything on that side of steering/suspension is (strut/strut mount included). I assume the Edge has had a recent alignment & wheel balance (roadforce)? Make any difference if you rotate the tires (thinking bad wheel/tire combo)?

I don't think it's a driveshaft problem since it seems one-sided, but likely a CV joint problem. A good read:

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/determining-the-causes-of-vehicle-vibrations

Ball Joint. How many miles on it. Verify the inner and outer tie rods are good also. Any moderately good mechanic should be able to tell you what the issue is by lifting the vehicle and moving things around. I am betting ball joint if the tie rods are in working order. If so you can get a Moog lower Control arm/w new ball joint for 75 dollars on Amazon.

This might help you see some issues I have already dealt with.

Edited by macbwt