Anyone change/replace foot pedals?

I was looking around for alternatives to the plain black foot pedals on my 08 Edge SEL and ran across these...http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Aluminum-Gas-Brake-Footrest-Pedal-Set-For-Ford-Edge-20112014-AT-/171306997943

I've never changed foot pedals in a car before, was wondering if anyone has either taken their foot pedals off before or have changed them. Wondering how hard the removal/install would be and what it entails...drilling, etc?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There are lots of different styles in the aftermarket, some involve simply removing the factory rubber covers and slipping on new ones, others have clamps that clamp around the factory pedals and others require drilling through the factory pedal. Looks like the ones that you link to are the drilling style.

• 4 months later...

I didn't do the ebrake, it seemed like it was to much. This looks stock. There is always the sport pedal set but they are spendy. I had the sport pedals in my sport but I like these better. They are really grippy so when your shoes are wet they don't slip at all.

Where did you end up getting those? How hard was it to drill through and are there instructions on where to drill etc?

• 1 month later...